GUI trouble adding wireless zones

General Discussion

GUI trouble adding wireless zones

Postby jboehm » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi,

The home I purchased has a poorly maintained Ademco branded VISTA 10SE with a n5976v2 keypad. The wireless zones have been forgotten or removed by the previous owner. I'm trying to add the wireless zones back via the gui rather than the keypad because the keypad only shows numbers and not text.

I get to the point where I select the zone number I want to add, and the com port stream rapidly alternates between zone 00 and FF. At this point it is unresponsive to any zone I enter. The only thing I can do is hit 00 to exit and *99 to exit the programming.

Suggestions? Should I replace the keypad?

Thanks,
Jon
jboehm
newt
newt

Re: GUI trouble adding wireless zones

Postby mathewss » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Not enough information to make a full answer but I have some ideas. Send logs, Pictures, etc.

Let us know what programming mode you were in or what fields when you saw this problem. I am not sure what the issue is but it sounds like you are in a field that may be disabled or has a problem.

Check that your panel has your RF device enabled at address 22 so type #22 in prog mode.

Maybe its disabled and thats why. Also is your RF transmitter inside of your keypad? that is a common setup. If so I think the keypad has some programming to configure its address on the bus. This needs to be at a specific location on a 20SE

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby jboehm » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Well I got a lot further today.

Sean, #22 determined that it was set to 1. After I changed it to 2, I started seeing "!RFX" statements. -- Thank you!!

I'm still not out of the woods yet. Now I can add wireless zones but on the first activation I jet a "CHECK" on the zone and steady beeping. I can get the beeping to stop with a * entry but the "FAULT" never goes away.

I think it might be a REPORT CODE problem. I've tried EC, 01, 10 and even 3C, which is from the programming manual but it makes no sense.

Here are the example log entries I'm seeing

!RFX:0628926,e0 // open
!EX> Item List changed name: 0628926 id: 628926
!RFX:0628926,c0 // close
!EX> Item List changed name: 0628926 id: 628926

Any ideas?
Thanks
jboehm
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm

I would need to see some panel messages. It sounds like a zone fault caused by programming problems. What type of RF device is it? check out the loop's for each type of device. Make sure its the correct loop is used and if the device has a tamper indication. The report codes are not things you need to change and they wont cause the beeping fault indication.

It seems like the loop that is changing is loop #2. It looks like loop #1 and #4 are open.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby jboehm » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Your good!!

That was it. It was the tamper switch. I had the covers off of them to see if the batteries were going dead.

Thanks
jboehm
newt
newt

Return to General