General Discussion

Postby jfj4 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry not a programmer or versed on compiling just trying to learn

1. I am running pi with ad2usb attached, running the beta webapp version image, it loads up and prompts me for password.

I enter

alarmdecoder login: admin

prompts for password but will not accept alarmdecoder as password??

tried many different ways

2. Ser2sock is only for linux correct? Can you access by web/webapp once the pi is running ser2sock and exposed to network? Accesible through windows? Could it be viewed in IOS on ipad?

Thanks
jfj4
newt
newt

Re: Log in Issue

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:01 am

Hi,

That looks like the login to the Raspberry Pi itself rather than the webapp. There are two sets of passwords:

Console/ssh:
  • Username: pi
  • Password: raspberry
Webapp:
  • Username: admin
  • Password: alarmdecoder
You should change both when you get the chance.

ser2sock currently only works under linux/osx and once you have it set up you can connect to it from anywhere on your network. This can be used to run our keypad software from another computer, for example. The webapp is also available on your network.

If you're using the beta image then all this has already been set up for you and you can access ser2sock on port 10000, or the webapp by going to http://alarmdecoder/. Since your using an AD2USB instead of the AD2PI you'll need to go through the setup process on the webapp again and change the device.

Thanks!
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby jfj4 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 am

OK that make sense!

It is working now.

THANKS!!!!!
jfj4
newt
newt

Postby jfj4 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 am

Once exposed to network by ser2sock/pi can you access by android through port forward to ip of pi? I can through IOS on ipad correctly, but my cell is note3/android.
THANKS
jfj4
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:49 am

Yes, it should work with most any recent HTML5 device - if you experience layout issues or functionality issues, please post your User Agent as well as a description/screenshot of your issue to ad2usb@support.nutech.com and we'll try to get it resolved.

Thanks,
Kevin
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby jfj4 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

I was using mystuff in ad2usb through pc with a relay for text notifications (602-XXX-XXXX@vtext.com)verizon.

Can you not relay using the pi/webapp setup

Thanks
jfj4
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:46 am

You can configure notifications in the settings and subscribe to specific events in /settings/notifications/, create a new notification as an email type

You can also continue to use the AlarmDecoder keypad application and configure it to connect to the ser2sock on the pi port 10000
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General