How cease alarm phone calls

General Discussion

How cease alarm phone calls

Postby jhowardgeorgia11 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 am

Hello, Just implemented AD2USB and it works swimmingly ! Easy to implement, with the free AlarmDecoder keypad app, and i thus receive text messages from alarm events. Next, I'll put VNC or TEAMVIEWER on my host computer so I can access from web.
Question unrelated to Nutech/AlarmDecoder:
Feeling froggy with success from AD2USB, so decided to access programming mode of my Vista 20SE and altered the phone number to call my cell rather than the monitoring service. Works well; alarm event calls my phone from the Vista panel, as well as text from AD2USB/AlarmDecoder app; Dual notices for redundancy! The Vista panel calls me every three minutes, as it keep trying to get response which I can't give as I'm a human and the panel needs an electronic response (from the monitoring service call center system). How do you tell a Vista 20SE to stop the phone calls to monitoring service (me) after an alarm event? That is, I received the call, but don't need continuous calls for the event. At keypad, I tried disamring [my security code] + [off[ several times in a row; tired arming and disarming, tried putting in and out of test mode, tried commencing a new alarm event and subsequently disarming, but panel continues to call every 3 minutes. After an hour and a half, the panel stopped calling and keypad showed a comm failure. All this is fine normal expected behavior, but does anyone know how to use the keypad, or a custom command sequence, to tell panel to stop calling after an alarm event? (Re-set a phone-call sticky bit of sorts)

(My workarounds: don't bother with phone calls (set *40 and *41 to blank in panel programming); or cycle power on panel (is there a command sequence to cycle the panel?) but haven't tested this to see if calls stop; or, on my phone, I can block phone calls from calling number once I've received the first call for an event)
jhowardgeorgia11
newt
newt

Re: How cease alarm phone calls

Postby mathewss » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 am

Not tested but I believe this is the way to make this work.

1. Erase phone # in phone #1 primary
2. Enter your cell phone in #2 secondary phone
3. Enable dual split reporting to force paging for all events by entering 8 into *49 see the programming manual on *49 its a bit confusing how its documented in the manual but if you look each number you enter on the right of it on the manual shows the resulting actions that will happen.

See notes on *46 about leading 0 in account field to avoid it entering your VM system and I think some tricks can be done to make it so your phone gets the paged # and digits. The tricks would be to mess with the secondary account # to trick the cell phone into taking the DTMF tones it receives as a numeric page and not let it do silly things like go into your voicemail.

Good luck and let us know what works.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Return to General