AD2 - need to be logged in?

General Discussion

AD2 - need to be logged in?

Postby Di33266 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi guys. Planning to run the software for AD2 on Windows server 2008R2 and integrate with Vera Lite.
The server runs without interactive sessions (no one is ever logged in).

Question: will the driver and/or services be started on startup and be running in the background...so i can control my Vista 20p panel from Vera Lite even if a server reboots for whatever reason...?

I believe same question applies to Windows 7 PC...

Thank you
Di33266
newt
newt

Re: AD2 - need to be logged in?

Postby mathewss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 pm

A few things stand out on this post that have we wondering the final goals of your project. Maybe some clarification will help me give you the best answers.

Vera has a driver designed for the AD2USB involving connecting the AD2USB directly to the Vera usb port so I dont see how this relates to windows or services on windows. Is your intention to modify the existing open source Vera driver to communicate via TCP or some protocol to your windows system that is connected to your AD2* or ????..

Are you looking to just have a windows daemon that connects directly to the AD2* that does the event alerting etc and use the AD2USB GUI on the windows system. In this case how does it relate to the Vera?

In any case using AD2* on windows has been done and is not a problem as a service or just front end app I just dont see how the Vera integrates to this in most cases so more info on your goals would help :)

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Di33266 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Sean.
Sorry for the confusion. I guess i was not up-to-date when posted my question.
I did not know that AD2USB could be directly plugged in to Vera Lite (i'm running the latest version on Vera, whatever it might be)

I guess the only thing that's left for me is to crack the installers code off my 20P...and that is what i need Windows or Mac for.

True?

THANK YOU
Di33266
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Cool. I grok.

Ok installer code have you tried the #+* at panel power up method yet? if not let me know and I will describe the steps. If you did and it did not work also let me know.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Di33266 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Thank you. Great news!
Regarding installer's code...i got three 6280 touch panels; so when they boot - there's nothing a can do. :-)
Di33266
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Di33266 wrote:Thank you. Great news!
Regarding installer's code...i got three 6280 touch panels; so when they boot - there's nothing a can do. :-)

No problem you can do it with the AD2USB. It wont work with the GUI though sorry. I need to add a button for that.

first make sure your not monitored or the company that monitors knows you are testing

1. Connect to your AD2USB using Putty and set the address to 16 for a 15 or 20P this will make sure your AD2* can talk to the panel regardless of panel programming.

2. power down the panel and remove all keypads to avoid keypad address conflicts.

3. Power up the panel and in putty and wait for the AD2 to boot 10 seconds ish. Then press control+e 3 times. You will see sending.done with 1 period maybe 2 any more and we have a communication issue. At this point it should jump to programming mode. you can then press #20 to have it dump the installer code.

Let me know how it goes.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Di33266 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Sean, thank you SO MUCH for the help. Will do and get back with results...
Di33266
newt
newt

Postby Di33266 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:06 am

Hi Sean. Thank you SO MUCH for support!!!
I got installer's code...my 6280 touch panels are at addresses 1,2 and 6.

So all i need now is just to hook AD2USB to VeraLite and load the plugin?
No need for any other configuration? Vista20P will just work with AD2USB being on addr=18?
Di33266
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 am

If you only have AUI keypads then addess 16 will be enabled and you can just change your AD2USB to use 16. After you change make sure you test arm/disarm with the GUI or Putty if thats good then disconnect from your computer and connect the USB to your Vera and follow the Vera configuration steps on the Vera driver page. At that point you will have to start entering some zone data etc and defining what actions you want to take on arm disarm etc.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Di33266 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Got it. Done! Left at 18, punched "10" into *191 field, rebooted.
Hooked up to Vera, installed plugin, entered "1,2,6,18" as keypads' addresses.
Stored PIN (not installer's, but one that i'm using in my day-to-day life).

Arm/Disarm seems to work! THANK YOU

Reading through Micasa's forum devoted to the plugin...started from page 50, down to page 46. :-)

I see that people are entering zones in "Cheat Sheet" plugin's tab...but it requires "Zone #", "Label", "Address/Serial" and "Channel/Loop". Guessing i need somehow to pull this info off the panel. Maybe i'll get Zone number and Label...but what about last two?

Sean, i know you're busy and helping out many people out there...and you've already done a lot for me. So sorry for being a dumb-ass. I've already done so much for this to work (with your help) that makes me proud of myself. Kids keep asking what daddy is doing!! :-)
Di33266
newt
newt

Next

Return to General