Downloader for vista 10P

General Discussion

Downloader for vista 10P

Postby wgalla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 am

We are looking to be able to download the entire programed 10p panel and then upload it to a new 10p panel without having to manually
redo the program over again.
Are you going to have a Panel Programming downloader for AlarmDecoder Keypad that will work for the 10P?
wgalla
newt
newt

Re: Downloader for vista 10P

Postby mathewss » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am

I have no immediate plans on doing an uploader it is only a downloader. With so many panels and variations it would be too easy to damage programming on a panel with an uploader so it is very low on my list because of the pain factor. It is certainly on my list of todo for custom programming projects if some company is interested in contracting me hourly for such work.

The downloader will work on a 10p but it would require the XML config file provided with the downloader to be updated for 10P fields. Its not a hard task to go over the programming fields on a 10P and build a new config for it but again it would require at least 1 hour of time purchased from our store to make it happen.

Also to be clear the downloader currently does not do the following.
1. download alpha descriptors
2. download device configuration expanders etc
3. download some of the sub menus ( I dont have a full list at this time )

what it does do.
1. download all main programming fields
2. download all zones including RF serials and zone specific info

It has a built in compare feature so once a download is done it can be compared to another panel to see what fields have changed or need changing to match.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Return to General