AD2Pi and SmartThings integration error

General Discussion

Re: AD2Pi and SmartThings integration error

Postby mathewss » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm

I was not able to tests today due to our V1 HUB needing a reset and that seems to require a human at SmartThings. I will be getting it reset tomorrow and then configure it for AD2*.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby nbrining » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm

I am having the same problem too. I just email the capture to the support email.

N. Brining
nbrining
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks NB for the capture file. I think this points out the issue but not the reason yet.

The LOCATION header from the AlarmDecoder WebApp needs to contain the full path to the xml file to describe the host. AFAIK this would be hard coded and when sent back to the HUB it will format a message that is sent to the cloud where this parameter is used to make more detailed requests of the device capabilities. Instead it just asks again in 4 seconds and then stops.

See here for example: http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/c ... nager.html

Screenshot from 2017-11-27 22-47-06.png

Will look over code in the AM to see where this response is done to a "discover" message.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby jasonsf » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:26 am

mathewss wrote:
Will look over code in the AM to see where this response is done to a "discover" message.

Best
SM

Thanks for looking in to it. Looking forward to an easy fix.

Jason
jasonsf
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby Quinchu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Are there any updates? I just found this after getting the same errors while trying to setup AD2PI with SmartThings.
Quinchu
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I pushed a small change to the dev branch on github that will send out a more complete upnp LOCATION header that contains the device_description.xml that is part of the specification. I need this to be tested as my Hub is still offline pending re registration. A network capture will be helpful to confirm results.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Quinchu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

mathewss wrote:I pushed a small change to the dev branch on github that will send out a more complete upnp LOCATION header that contains the device_description.xml that is part of the specification. I need this to be tested as my Hub is still offline pending re registration. A network capture will be helpful to confirm results.

Best
Sean M

Last push to dev branch was April 20th

Edit:
I really need to look at everything before I post back -- can confirm the webapp dev branch was updated, going to try it.
Quinchu
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 pm

The code change was in the webapp and can be applied using the settings->advanced->branch screen.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/alarmdecoder-webapp
mathewss

Postby Quinchu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 pm

mathewss wrote:The code change was in the webapp and can be applied using the settings->advanced->branch screen.

Is it disabled? It won't allow me to switch to dev branch using this menu / screen.
Quinchu
newt
newt

Postby jasonsf » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Quinchu wrote:
mathewss wrote:The code change was in the webapp and can be applied using the settings->advanced->branch screen.

Is it disabled? It won't allow me to switch to dev branch using this menu / screen.
I can confirm that with the dev branch, the ssdpPath contains the path to the xml file.

Jason

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
jasonsf
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

PreviousNext

Return to General