Idiots install guide (20p, AD2pi, raspi zero, & SmartThings)

General Discussion

Re: Idiots install guide (20p, AD2pi, raspi zero, & SmartThi

Postby TheTick077 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:54 pm

TheTick077 wrote:
kevin wrote:At what stage? Post the output please

Sorry for the delay, this is at my parents house, and haven't been back since I got the error. I was able to reproduce the error again today, and here are a few of the commands that are executed before the error, and the error i receive when using the pull script:

Code: Select all
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d docker defaults
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d docker enable
Adding user pi to group docker
Pulling latest alarmdecoder image...
Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid
Failed to pull alarmdecoder image...

I am able to also reproduce it when I follow the manual install instructions (not pull) on github:

Code: Select all
pi@alarmdecoder:~/alarmdecoder-docker $ docker build -t alarmdecoder alarmdecoder
Sending build context to Docker daemon   12.8kB
Step 1/89 : FROM resin/rpi-raspbian:jessie
Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid

Ok, figured it out! The date/time settings on the pi were WAY off, so the NTP update was failing. I had to manually set the date/time, and then restart the NTP service to allow the update to go through. Once I synced that up, the pull got past that point. It is still running, so I am scared to say it worked to competion :lol: .
TheTick077
newt
newt

Postby jarkastr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 pm

kevin wrote:You can use the built-in relays on your panel and a zone sensor for your garage and have the IFTTT send the right keys to trigger and open the relay

Any recommendations/resources on how to use the relay to control garage. I saw this video on youtube and can follow it really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KudHshH-ZA. But I am concerned about the power outage issue discussed in the video description. Really just looking for a way so that the relay does not close the garage circuit when the vista 20p restarts.

I saw a comment discussing a time delay like this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/112011332003?_ ... EBIDX%3AIT), but not sure if that is the best solution. Do you have any other ideas?
jarkastr
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm

The panel won't lose power as long as you have a good battery
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mstoriale » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Let me first say that I'm learning all of this as I go, so I apologize in advance for any newbie questions I have.

I'm getting the error below. It almost looks like something is out of date. Any ideas?

Status: Downloaded newer image for alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder:latest
docker.io/alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder: this image was pulled from a legacy registry. Important: This registry version will not be supported in future versions of docker.
sudo: unable to resolve host alarmdecoder
sudo: /etc/init.d/hostname.sh: command not found
Fetching nsenter...
docker: invalid restart policy unless-stopped.
See 'docker run --help'.
Starting alarmdecoder container...
See 'docker run --help'.
Failed to run alarmdecoder docker container...
mstoriale
newt
newt

Postby mstoriale » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:56 pm

mstoriale wrote:Let me first say that I'm learning all of this as I go, so I apologize in advance for any newbie questions I have.

I'm getting the error below. It almost looks like something is out of date. Any ideas?

Status: Downloaded newer image for alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder:latest
docker.io/alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder: this image was pulled from a legacy registry. Important: This registry version will not be supported in future versions of docker.
sudo: unable to resolve host alarmdecoder
sudo: /etc/init.d/hostname.sh: command not found
Fetching nsenter...
See 'docker run --help'.
Starting alarmdecoder container...
See 'docker run --help'.
Failed to run alarmdecoder docker container...

Probably should have mentioned that my setup is a V20P and a AD2USB. I know this was install was suppose to be on an AD2pi. Would that make much of a difference?
mstoriale
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 pm

That's due to an old version of docker

You will also want to change the path to your device in the configuration file
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mstoriale » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Kevin. Can you explain how to correct this?
mstoriale
newt
newt

Postby jasonsf » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:35 pm

mstoriale wrote:Thanks for the reply Kevin. Can you explain how to correct this?
I posted above (viewtopic.php?p=2646#p2646) about upgrading docker.

Jason

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
jasonsf
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby digiblur » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks for the guide! I followed it pretty much to the letter except I used a Raspberry Pi 3 that I had. One issue I ran into was the /dev/serial0 wasn't working. So out of desperation I tried the /dev/ttyAMA0 and it worked! Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing to use but it works. I did have to do that procedure where you swap the serial ports around, maybe I shouldn't have done that on the Rpi 3?

Everything seems to be working as I can see all the messages, disarm and arm the panel, etc. However the main use I got this for I quickly found out needs a workaround. I have the ADT Pulse box with one light in my living room attached and I had it set to when we were armed instant the motion would kick on the light for a few minutes then later cut off. I did this same automation via Smartthings only to find out the AD2Pi can't see the motion while armed. I saw some threads talking about this doing some virtual relays, looked kinda confusing, but I'll see if I can tackle it. I'm confused how the Pulse box can see the motion while armed and this one can't, it seems to be hooked up on the keypad panel bus as well.

Only other odd thing I found was the the scan panel option on the zones didn't seem to work, just hung at 1 percent. If hit reboot in the app it says it can't reboot (I suspect this is due to being in a docker but I could be wrong).
digiblur
newt
newt

Postby jensen18 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Help please...
I'm technically savvy enough to follow these directions. I successfully made it through step 26 of the guide. I can't get step 27 to complete. I keep getting an error that there is no space left on the device:

37f6b3b1c408: Error downloading dependent layers
Error pulling image (latest) from docker.io/alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder, mkdir /var/lib/docker/overlay/37f6b3b1c4082853135466bfadaada5a0bbcc08948d2a55db9bad3811c44aa10/tmproot528268700/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sphinx/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES: no space left on device
Failed to pull alarmdecoder image...

I used an 8GB sd card. The only thing I see as being different is that the current version of raspbian is Stretch instead of Jessie. If I look at the free space (df -h) I get the following:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 7.3G 5.6G 1.4G 81% /
devtmpfs 213M 0 213M 0% /dev
tmpfs 218M 0 218M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 218M 3.1M 215M 2% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 218M 0 218M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 41M 21M 21M 51% /boot
tmpfs 44M 0 44M 0% /run/user/1000

How much space does the Alarmdecoder Docker image need? Any idea what I can do (beside getting a bigger SD card)?
jensen18
newt
newt

PreviousNext

Return to General