Troubleshoot Virtual Keypad?

General Discussion

Troubleshoot Virtual Keypad?

Postby SteveT » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:19 am

Hello,

New User here.

I received the Raspberry Pi Board, burned your image as suggested, enabled Keypad 18 on my Vista 20P and I was up and running. Great so far!

I reconfigured the Pi network to use wireless (WLAN0) and rebooted (I just started x to do this), and keypad worked great across my network although SSL is broken which I'll look at later.

Some time later while trying to troubleshoot notifications and I rebooted again, and now, although the keypad still works perfectly, it doesn't display anything. Most of the time it says "Please Wait Loading" although from time to time it will start working again briefly.

Any advice on where to start? I could always burn the OS image again but that seems extreme.

As I am typing this the virtual keyboard came on (about 5 minutes later) and issued a few beeps but it has old information showing the system armed from about 30 minutes ago.

Thanks for a great product!

Steve
SteveT
newt
newt

Re: Troubleshoot Virtual Keypad?

Postby kevin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Please post your device configuration by telnetting to port 10000 and issuing a 'C' command as well as a 'V' command. Usually being able to communicate but not see messages is something to do with the keypad mask and/or config bits being changed. If not that, check your wiring on the DI and DO
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: Troubleshoot Virtual Keypad?

Postby SteveT » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. While I was waiting because it was so flaky I went ahead and started with a fresh OS burn.

Everything is back to normal. If it starts to fall behind again I'll post the configuration.
SteveT
newt
newt

Return to General