RF message values

General Discussion

RF message values

Postby mucus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:24 pm

First off, great product! I have an AD2USB running on a Raspberry Pi 2 hooked into a Vista20p. Works great. Easy setup with your Raspberry Pi image! :D

I'm using python package to interface with the device. Again, works great.

My question is regarding the value property of RF messages. I am wondering if anyone knows what the various values mean. I am seeing wireless messages from sensors that are not enrolled in my panel. (I set up panel myself, so I know they are not enrolled). Could possibly be neighbors devices or maybe devices in my home that I am not aware of (recently purchased house).

I see messages from known devices with value=128 and value=0, which I presume to mean faulted and not faulted. I see value=4 on RF messages from unknown devices. And I also see some messages from my known sensors with value=4. I've also seen a RF message with value=36. Does anyone know what these values indicate for a RF message?

Thanks much.
mucus
newt
newt

Re: RF message values

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:35 pm

You can absolutely pick up your neighbors sensors.

http://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index.php/Protocol#RFX has the protocol documentation for RFX messages. Decode the value to 8bit binary and you can see what is going on.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: RF message values

Postby mucus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:02 am

exactly what I needed. Thanks!
mucus
newt
newt

Return to General