AD2IoT?

General Discussion

AD2IoT?

Postby jareep » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Does the AD2IoT replace the AD2Pi Network appliance? I'm interested in converting my Honeywell Vista 20P into a smart alarm system, but the question is, what all would be necessary to make that happen? Just connect the AD2IoT to my alarm system and my LAN and all is well? I'm using a Hubitat hub for home automation. I'm guessing I also need to install the Hubitat drivers. Anything else I'm missing? For example, is the web interface available on the AD2IoT, or would I need to host that elsewhere? In short, a small list of what I would need (labeled optional and required) would be helpful if that's a possibility.

As a side note -- any idea of the availability of the AD2Pi network appliance devices? Thanks!
jareep
newt
newt

Re: AD2IoT?

Postby mathewss » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:45 pm

Yes mostly because I can't find Pi's but also because Python2 is not available on newer Pi operating systems.

You can still build one but it will require using an older Pi OS because the current pi code does not support Python3.

With some help maybe the Web UI will be resurrected to run on Python3 but until then all I have is the existing Pi image that will work fine it just can't be upgraded or it will break and require reinstalling the original image.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby jareep » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:24 pm

If you'd like, I'd be willing to help port the Python2 to Python3 code.
jareep
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:38 pm

jareep wrote:If you'd like, I'd be willing to help port the Python2 to Python3 code.

Ya for anyone who wants to contribute on github and I can help test and merge any changes and releases etc. I think the Python API is not too bad but the WEB UI gunicorn code has me concerned. I have played with it a little but I expect deprecation issues with modules used and more.

The recipe / scripts taking a stock rasbpian image and installing everything needed to run the current WEB App is in the contrib folder.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby mathewss » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:38 pm

jareep wrote:If you'd like, I'd be willing to help port the Python2 to Python3 code.

Ya for anyone who wants to contribute on github and I can help test and merge any changes and releases etc. I think the Python API is not too bad but the WEB UI gunicorn code has me concerned. I have played with it a little but I expect deprecation issues with modules used and more.

The recipe / scripts taking a stock rasbpian image and installing everything needed to run the current WEB App is in the contrib folder.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby jareep » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pm

I've forked the repo and have begun the long and tedious task of updating the code, replacing modules/libraries, etc. Could take me a while, but I'll get through it...eventually. :)
jareep
newt
newt

Return to General