Vista 20

General Discussion

Vista 20

Postby lazydev » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 am

Hey gang, I've written some software to handle communication with the AD2USB that can run on a Raspberry Pi. (Sidenote, I plan on open sourcing it at some point in the near-ish future.) It works great on my Vista 21IP. My dad is running an old Vista 20. I sent him up the gear and it doesn't appear to be working. I saw on the supported boards that the Vista 20 (no letters after the 20) wasn't there but the same page also said if you can use a Honeywell 6150/6160 then it should work. Are we hosed? He installed alarms for 30+ years so he was just going to swap his board but I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone had any thoughts before he did that.

- lazydev
lazydev
newt
newt

Re: Vista 20

Postby lazydev » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I can see that spending the time open sourcing my project would be better put to use on other efforts.
lazydev
newt
newt

Re: Vista 20

Postby mathewss » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:36 pm

lazydev wrote:Hey gang, I've written some software to handle communication with the AD2USB that can run on a Raspberry Pi. (Sidenote, I plan on open sourcing it at some point in the near-ish future.) It works great on my Vista 21IP. My dad is running an old Vista 20. I sent him up the gear and it doesn't appear to be working. I saw on the supported boards that the Vista 20 (no letters after the 20) wasn't there but the same page also said if you can use a Honeywell 6150/6160 then it should work. Are we hosed? He installed alarms for 30+ years so he was just going to swap his board but I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone had any thoughts before he did that.

- lazydev

Hay sorry for the late reply. It seems I am not getting notifications on posts here lately :(
Ya any "Vista" series should be no problem except the all in one series I forget the name.

The 21IP series is just the same as the 20P. The board is dramatically different than all prior Vista series but they talk much the same.

If you have the communication module setup then the AD2* will see Contact ID report data and you can also enable Contact ID reporting and emulate it with the AD2* device. This will give you even more fun data to play with like who disarmed/armed and more.

Let me know about your project and I will add it to the wiki here.

I am spending most of my time lately working on the AD2IoT device. This is critical now especially with how hard it is to find a Pi these days. With a simple $7 ESP32 board and the right open source software it can do a lot of cool stuff.make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'https://github.com/nutechsoftware/AlarmDecoder-IoT', '', ' class="postlink"')

I will do my best to check here for posts but the best ways to reach me are by email or calling.make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'https://www.alarmdecoder.com/contact.php', '', ' class="postlink"')
I can also be reached on githubmake_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'https://github.com/f34rdotcom', '', ' class="postlink"')
mathewss

Return to General