AlarmDecoder Webapp

General Discussion

AlarmDecoder Webapp

Postby kd7mlg » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 pm

So, maybe I made a mistake. And at the risk of overstaying my welcome already...

After being away from using my AD2USB for a while I recently found use for it again, and am amazed at the improvements that have come forward since 2010 or so when I last used it.

Yesterday, I flashed the PiBakery build onto a fresh SD card and ... it just worked. Nice. Then I did an 'apt update; apt upgrade' to install recent updates...

To make this long story shorter, now the Webapp keypad is stuck on "loading please wait"... and I think it's because something in the underlying python stack is no longer supported with something that got updated during the apt upgrade.

Any hints on where to check/what to be looking for (while I'm not nearly as adept at coding as matthewss I can understand what I'm reading and see what I can do to identify a potential fix)?

And, additionally, is there any effort (is it worth it?) to port from python2 to python3 since python2 is EOL?

joe (who's probably going to get himself into trouble with all the things that are easy to do with the RPi integration lol)
kd7mlg
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: AlarmDecoder Webapp

Postby mgreinke » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:24 am

Hard to say. It's possible your alarm panel isn't fully supported with the newer software. For example, I have a Vista 40p. On that panel, setup will only recognize the keypad on older firmwares. Since you had it running with the base image, you may have to live with that version.

Mark
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:49 am

I expect the update broke one of the many delicate linkages to all of the many libs used in the web app :(

A dump from the log may help but it may log nothing because it just crashes.

sudo up on the pi when in the webapp folder and run it manually.

root@rock64:/opt/alarmdecoder-webapp# /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/gunicorn --name alarmdecoder --user pi --group dialout --worker-class=socketio.sgunicorn.GeventSocketIOWorker --timeout=120 --env=POLICY_SERVER=0 wsgi:application --log-level 10

FYI I broke /dev/ branch last night on github trying to add a feature please dont use it :)

Sorry my home system is not a stock Pi but this example is close :)

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby kd7mlg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:51 am

Well, nothing seemed odd. If I run diagnostics in the webapp, I see several modules that are "missing" (even though pip says they're installed); but today, out of the blue, the webapp keypad started showing status again.

I did change my configbits overnight :shrug:

Thanks!
kd7mlg
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Return to General