Ademco / Honeywell Systems
- The AlarmDecoder was designed to work with any alarm from the Ademco/Honeywell Vista series from the 90's right up to the latest 2013 Honeywell Vista 21IP and more recently DSC Power series alarms. This document will help identify if a given panel is compatible with the AlarmDecoder. Many of these alarm panels were sold under different names branded by the alarm monitoring company for example Safewatch Pro 3000/3000CN which is actually a Vista 20P.
- Note: The Ademco LYNX Systems are NOT compatible as they do not support the 4 wire expansion bus the AlarmDecoder connects to.
- If after reading this you still are not sure if your panel is supported and are interested in the AlarmDecoder then send us an email with a picture of your alarm panel filling the full frame of your camera and we will check it out. (Please provide a general statement of release for the photo as we may use them on the website to help others.)
- The AlarmDecoder is compatible with any alarm that is also compatible with one of these Ademco/Honeywell keypads.
- This is a partial list. Many supported panels were sold under different names and model numbers so here are some tips for seeing if your panel will be compatible.
- Look for a large wiring sticker inside the panel enclosure that shows the word(s): Vista, Ademco, Honeywell, etc.
- Look on the panel for words like SAVS and a series of letters and numbers like SAVS20P5 or SAVS10SECE. The model number is embedded inside this string of characters as demonstrated here.
† The "Honeywell Lynx 3000 Plus" panel is supported but requires additional work to connect. No other Lynx panels work with AlarmDecoder at this time.
- We now support the DSC Power series alarm panels. This requires beta firmware 2.2a.8 or later. This is still in beta and new features are being added every month.