Webapp not working after latest updates

General Discussion

Webapp not working after latest updates

Postby andersondg » Mon May 27, 2019 5:51 am

I logged into the web app on my my AD2PI a few days ago and recieved the "Updates Available" message. I applied the latest library and webapp updates, restarted, and am now getting "Services might still be starting - please wait and try again. If this continues, please let us know on GitHub. You can also email us at Support." and "502 Bad Gateway". I am able to telnet and SSH to the AD2PI, but my technical troubleshooting skills are somewhat limited beyond that.

Thank you in advance for your help, and Happy Memorial Day!
andersondg
newt
newt

Re: Webapp not working after latest updates

Postby andersondg » Mon May 27, 2019 9:06 pm

The latest webapp update causes an issue with the webapp which results in a "502 Bad Gateway" message in the browser. I updated what had been a stable version, and then attempted to troubleshoot to no avail. I downloaded the current image (alarm decoder-raspbian-2018-05-29.img) and started over. After going through the initial config I updated the webapp again through alarmdecoder.local/update/ with the same result after restart (IE: 502 Bad Gateway). Unfortunately my ability to troubleshoot further is limited.
andersondg
newt
newt

Postby delphimon » Wed May 29, 2019 9:05 am

I have the same exact same symptoms and problem. Unfortunately, I didn't do an export of settings beforehand (since updates through the UI have always worked for me in the past), so I don't want to blow everything away and reinstall again, set up devices, SmartThings integration, new devices there again, etc. Any suggestions?
delphimon
newt
newt

Postby delphimon » Wed May 29, 2019 5:26 pm

OK, to answer my own question, I had to update the version of Flask using pip, and then I ran into another issue with problem loading ext.cache. This turned out to be a problem with the flask_cache package. I ended up taking the path of least resistance and just manually changed the jinja2ext.py file at line 33 to import from flast_cache rather than flask.ext.cache. I'm sure there is a more elegant solution, but I really didn't want to deal with any more dependencies, and this worked for me.
delphimon
newt
newt

Return to General