Hello.

Have a AD2pHAT that will talk with Pi3B but no messages to/from Vista panel

>telnet 127.0.0.1 10000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
C
!>
!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff04&ADDRESS=18&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.

Output of a screen session
>screen /dev/serial0 11500
```
!>C
!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff04&ADDRESS=18&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.9b-306,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;M2;CB;DS;ER;CR
!>Ademco/DSC Mode A/D (A) :>A
!>Keypad Address (18) :>
!WARNING. Do not enable a module if the physical module exists on the system.
!Zone Expanders Y/N Max allowed: 02
!>expander module #01 ZN 09-16 (N) :>
!>expander module #02 ZN 17-24 (N) :>
!>expander module #03 ZN 25-32 (N) :>
!>expander module #04 ZN 33-40 (N) :>
!>expander module #05 ZN 41-48 (N) :>
!Relay Modules Y/N Max allowed: 04
!>relay module #01 (N) :>
!>relay module #02 (N) :>
!>relay module #03 (N) :>
!>relay module #04 (N) :>
!>Emulate Long Range Radio Y/N: (N) :>
!>Emulate modem COM Y/N: (N) :>
!>Address Filter Mask (ffffffff) :>plicate (N) :>
!>Config Bits (ff04) :>
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.9b-306,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;M2;CB;DS;ER;CR
!Sending.....done
```
Several forum message indicate that should see the familiar messages such as "****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm" or whatever. Further tried sending some arm key sequences via Screen and Telnet. Got no response as seen from other Alpha panels on alarm system. The last !Sending.....done above is such an attempt

System information
Vista-21iPLTE running firmware 4.1.16
*191 set to [1][0], address 18 enabled, (have Alpha keypads on 16 & 17)
Pi3b running Buster Lite, manual build from AD wiki.
comm via serial0 (ttyAMA0)
LED on A2DpHat is blinking at about 2 to 3 times per second.
NOTE the AD2pHAT came loaded with beta software V2.2a.8.9b-306

Web app always has keyboard in "Please wait...loading"
snippet from log when running web app

NoDeviceError: ('Error opening device at alarm:10000', error(111, 'Connection refused'))
2020-07-01 20:03:26,323 ERROR: Device not found: Error opening device at alarm:10000 [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:545]
2020-07-01 20:03:31,327 INFO: Attempting to reconnect to the AlarmDecoder [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:541]
2020-07-01 20:03:31,394 WARNING: Open failed: Error opening device at alarm:10000 [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:305]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py", line 302, in open
self.device.open(baudrate=self._device_baudrate, no_reader_thread=no_reader_thread)
File "/opt/alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder/decoder.py", line 277, in open
no_reader_thread=no_reader_thread)
File "/opt/alarmdecoder/alarmdecoder/devices/socket_device.py", line 208, in open
raise NoDeviceError('Error opening device at {0}:{1}'.format(self._host, self._port), err)
NoDeviceError: ('Error opening device at alarm:10000', error(111, 'Connection refused'))

thanks for any help.
M.
4832M5
newt
newt

Re: AD2pHat won't talk to Vista panel

Postby 4832M5 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Update:
Telnet to device - get normal alarm status. Can send disarm cmds, they are received by Vista alarm (other panels respond).

Keyboard screen just sits in "waiting...."
All other screens/tabs in webapp appear to work as expected.

...:{
4832M5
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:33 pm

I missed this :( did you get this sorted?

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby ansenlabardee » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 am

I'm having a similar issue but what I've noticed is that ser2sock is actually crashing when I have the home assistant (HA) integration enabled and the webapp service running. I've also noticed that when I run ser2sock without dameonizing it and have the webapp service stopped on the pi HA is able to access ser2sock without crashing it... I'm happy to roubleshoot further but I'm not too sure what to check next.
ansenlabardee
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:53 pm

I think the most common cause of this is confusion in the webapp setup.

The default settings for webapp configure ser2sock to share the AD2 then for the main connection it sets the webapp to connect to ser2sock for everything. If two processes such as ser2sock and the webapp both try to access /dev/ttyAMA0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 etc they will have crazy results.

Please confirm the webapp is configured to connect to localhost on port 10000 and that it shares the AD2* to other systems. Then you can have other systems connect to port 10000 on the Pi's IP address.

Best
Sean M.
mathewss

Postby ansenlabardee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks! Running through the setup wizard again and changing it from serial to network did the trick! :D
ansenlabardee
newt
newt

Postby audioflyer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:23 am

I'm going to continue this thread because I think I'm having the same problem (or similar) and I'm not understanding how to resolve it.

Setup:
Pi3B with AD2pHat running latest (non-dev) flashed image and latest firmware as of 10/26/20
AD2pHAT is running off of Pi power
wired LAN connection to router
Vista 20p alarm system with wired and wireless zones
Pi4B running HomeAssistant (also most current master image)

Since switching over to the HomeAssistant integration for AlarmDecoder, now AD will not work for more than a few hours before the interface basically freezes up. It works fine after a restart, but after some period of time (hours), I can no longer communicate with the alarm system. It will not refresh or communicate via HA.

The AD web app will load, but it never shows a status on the keypad page. If you try "Test Device" on the Diagnostics page, it gives various errors. (It opens the device, but says test timed out or can't connect or some other error, sorry I don't remember because it seems different every time. Sometimes when I test, it sends lots of random false alerts via Pushover, like fire alerts.) It says Firmware Update is Available, but on the firmware page it doesn't know what my current firmware is. (It is 2.2a.8.8, which shows up fine after a restart).

The light on the AD2pHAT blinks twice, pauses, blinks twice.

I can log into the Pi3 with ssh, but when I try to run "screen /dev/ttyAMA0 115200" it gives a blank screen with a cursor and will not respond to any key input. I've never used "screen" before, so I'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to do, but I can't get it to respond to anything other than kill the screen. Screen behaves the same way after a fresh restart, which makes me think I don't know how to use it.

I suspect this is a similar problem referenced in this post (multiple things trying to access the AD2). But I'm not sure how to solve it. My setup wizard is already set to network. Thanks so much for your help, and please let me know if there are any other troubleshooting steps I can take.

Regards,
RK
audioflyer
newt
newt

Postby audioflyer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:59 am

Well, now it doesn’t work at all. I’m worried my AD2pHAT died somehow. It never connects to and shows the alarm display in webapp, and testing the device still opens the device, but times out on the other three checks. It shows up as ttyAMA0, but I haven’t been able to telnet to it. (Always a blank screen). The LED blinks continuously. I have tried to reflash the SD card and start from scratch, and have tried it on a Pi Zero as well as the Pi 3B, same result. What else can I try to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.
audioflyer
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 pm

I think you spent plenty of time and it should just work so I want to assume it is a bad board. I will send you an email so I can collect your info and send you a replacement tomorrow.

The only other way to test further is to have a TTL -> USB Serial adapter of some type like I use to test a unit with my PC at my desk. In effect it turns an AD2pHAT into an AD2USB.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby audioflyer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:57 pm

That’s awesome! Thanks for the terrific support.
audioflyer
newt
newt

Next

Return to General