Not broadcasting UPNP

General Discussion

Not broadcasting UPNP

Postby grayzweb » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:25 am

Network appliance isn’t broadcasting Upnp. I have Ethernet running straight to router. Any ideas?
grayzweb
newt
newt

Re: Not broadcasting UPNP

Postby grayzweb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:47 am

I'm happy to report that I figured it out! I'm not a developer and don't understand coding very much. Following directions on GitHub I was "commenting out" lines I didn't need to.
Turns out the first few lines of code is what starts UpNp discovery. Guess I read to much into it.
Just set the @field name id and hit save, then publish. Hubitat code is already disabled. I'm learning, so took a while to see mistake. Not a lot of support here for new people.
grayzweb
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Nice! I just saw this thread :( Sorry I missed it. Too much information and many times I will drop bits all over the place.

Glad to hear you got it working. Did you use the SmartThings code or the ported Hubitat code. I "think" the Hubitat code is a little behind but the ST code will work directly in Hubitat as long as you comment out the correct lines as you noted and you set the correct switches at the top of the code as directed in the code comments.

Let me know how it goes I have Hubitat at my house and I have not had much time to play with it. It just works so far. I want to get a better solution for android/ios app to ARM/DISARM and see the current state but I have nto played with the "cloud" panels much yet.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Postby dewdropremix » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 am

Hi
I just switched from Smarthings to Hubitat and configured Alarmdecoder app on Hubitat.

I can send commands from the Hubitat app but the events from the Alarmdecoder do not get updated. Cannnot get the contact sensors to work.

Looking at the logs of the Alarmdecoder WebApp I see the following errors

2020-10-10 11:18:20,360 ERROR: Exception in notification UPNPPushNotification.send(): StandardError("error(113, 'No route to host') line 656",) line 544 [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:459]

When I look at the Hubitat Logs, I see the following error

2020-10-09 11:16:29.227 am errorconfigureDeviceSubscriptions: Could not find primary device for 'null'.

How to solve this.
dewdropremix
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:02 am

Looks like the hub did not subscribe and yet the webapp thinks it has subscribe but cant sent to it. The latter should be fixed by reloading webapp servises to clear out subscribers.

The first is odd. Lets see if we can get rid of the easy one first. The on webpage for hubitat try and do a refresh event to force the code to subscribe again.
mathewss

Return to General