AlarmDecoder Firmware Version 2.2a.8 STABLE released!

General Discussion

Re: AlarmDecoder Firmware Version 2.2a.8 STABLE released!

Postby TheBobC » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:31 pm

I am putting together an alarm system, using some new parts (Vista 20p) and some parts from and old system that was in a box of stuff, specifically, my AD2USB that worked well when I had it in a system in 2014. In my new house, I have the alarm now working well, and have had a Vera Plus working for some time. This week, I took out the AD2USB and connected it to the alarm. I downloaded the virtual keyboard from here, as well as the new firmware. I also had to download the Mono framework, and then the 3.2.4 version of the same to get the keyboard to function on my Mac. I hooked it up to my mac and it functioned fine. Then, I upgraded to the 2.2a.8. While the upgrade was successful, now I am stuck with the keypad staying on the "Entering Running Mode Waiting First Message" I am able to control the system, and the log continually cycles "Disarmed Ready To Arm Chime" and "System Lo Bat" so I know it is communicating, but the Ready green button does not show, and the display never changes from "Entering Running Mode Waiting First Message". Can someone help?
TheBobC
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Hmm. Very strange. I want to say maybe it is the keypad address mask but... Could you post the raw log details maybe 20 lines of it.

Also check your settings page to see that all of the masks are ffffffff and report back your config settings. You can use the LOG tab on the GUI and send a "C" command and it will spit back the settings string.

I expect somehow a bit got flipped in the settings during firmware update but this will figure it out.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby jon.thomp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:26 am

What date was 2.2a.8.8 released? My board doesn't seem to report back to the web app the firmware version, so it always says "New Firmware Available". Considering the age of this thread, is there any development going on for this product at all?

If so, can you put release dates on the firmware page both in the web app and in the release notes?
jon.thomp
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Ya I noted this a few months ago that I did not have dates on the release. Next time I do any firmware I plan on digging through the history and setting some dates.

The current firmware is 2.2a.8.9b-306. It has a few fixes to 8.8

At some point I will ship this firmware as default but currently everything goes out as 8.8.

Best
SM
mathewss

Previous

Return to General