Triggering Panic via AutoHotKey

General Discussion

Triggering Panic via AutoHotKey

Postby 7MK1_cvY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 pm

My AlarmDecoder setup is the following:

AD2USB connected to dedicated Rasberry Pi, Ademco 20SE Panel.

Using Win7 PC logged into the AlarmDecoder Web App running on the Pi, with this PC serving as a 'gateway' into the alarm system and other home automation pieces.

Google Assistant combined with IFTTT and Pushbullet are triggering AutoHotKey scripts pointed at the browser (@AlarmDecoder Web App). AutoHotKey sends keycodes to arm, disarm, bypass ... all working despite the somewhat convoluted approach.

I think I read in some other posts that I can trigger the panic with a CTRL-E? Sent 3 times?

Also, I think I also need to somehow disable/bypass the confirmation window that pops up when you key F1 into the Web App ... or perhaps send additional keys to say 'Yes' to the confirmation.

Any suggestions to successfully trigger the panic in this manner would be much appreciated!
7MK1_cvY
newt
newt

Re: Triggering Panic via AutoHotKey

Postby mathewss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

For the WEBAPP F1-F4 when using Ademco mode will work.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/alarm ... ad.js#L533

As for for the confirm it does not look like a config switch was put arround this feature :( Would be trivial to modify the js code.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/alarm ... ad.js#L262

This has been an issue for others as well such as F4 to open the garage or some trivial task would require a confirm :)

Needs to be a feature request on github.

Let me know if you need more help on this it sounds like a fine solution using available tools :) Get it done!

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Re: Triggering Panic via AutoHotKey

Postby 7MK1_cvY » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 am

Many thanks, Sean! With your encouragement I've continued down this path and have found a successful solution.
Rather than worry about disabling the confirmation on the F4, I just went ahead and added to the AHK script to answer Yes to the confirm.
Here is the AHK script in case anyone is interested ...

----------------------------

WinActivate Keypad - Google Chrome
SendInput {F4}
MouseMove 740, 450
MouseClick, Left
return

------------------------------

On a potentially related side note, shortly after the successful test of the above solution, I experienced an issue that looked to be the same or at least similar to that described in the forum post titled as Sporadic false Alarms. I've had this happen a couple of other times as well, with one of them being when I was also experimenting with using scripts to send codes to the AlarmDecoder Web App. The other instance did not involve any such work on the system. I don't plan on using/testing the Panic much, so I may not get much opportunity to see if this is truly related. I just thought I'd raise the possibility in case someone thinks I might somehow be causing this. Thanks again for the help!
7MK1_cvY
newt
newt

Return to General