Smartthings integration no uPnP

General Discussion

Smartthings integration no uPnP

Postby andresr » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:58 pm

I am trying to setup my AD2Pi on Smartthings, but I can't seem to find a way to statically assign my AD2Pi device in the SmartApp, I can only search with uPnP. I have tried enabling uPnP on my pfSense router, but AD2Pi gives an error when trying to establish the uPnP ports and I would rather not have uPnP enabled on my security VLAN anyway. Is there another way that I can force the SmartApp to find my device? I have a DHCP reservation set.
andresr
newt
newt

Re: Smartthings integration no uPnP

Postby mathewss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:06 am

Hmm. Would not be hard to add this ability. UPNP is only being used for discovery as a broadcast service running on the pi.

"should" have nothing to do with your router as it is supposed to only work on system on the same network lets say behind the firewall.

We do have some UPNP router stuff hooked in but that is for automating the firewall rules to allow outside access. This is not required and for many is never done.

To get ST to see the Pi using a static IP again would be possible and would require some modifications to the ST groovy code only. The UPNP Push portion would still need to be enabled on the AD2 WEB app notifications and to allow subscriptions but it gets the addresss of who to push data too.

andresr wrote:I am trying to setup my AD2Pi on Smartthings, but I can't seem to find a way to statically assign my AD2Pi device in the SmartApp, I can only search with uPnP. I have tried enabling uPnP on my pfSense router, but AD2Pi gives an error when trying to establish the uPnP ports and I would rather not have uPnP enabled on my security VLAN anyway. Is there another way that I can force the SmartApp to find my device? I have a DHCP reservation set.
mathewss

Postby grayzweb » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 am

andresr wrote:I am trying to setup my AD2Pi on Smartthings, but I can't seem to find a way to statically assign my AD2Pi device in the SmartApp, I can only search with uPnP. I have tried enabling uPnP on my pfSense router, but AD2Pi gives an error when trying to establish the uPnP ports and I would rather not have uPnP enabled on my security VLAN anyway. Is there another way that I can force the SmartApp to find my device? I have a DHCP reservation set.

I’m having a very difficult time getting uPnP to work on the AlarmDecoder and would like to see if I can assign static as well just to get SmartThings integration. Please update if you find a fix.
I tried a uPnP utility to scan my network and AlarmDecoder does it show anywhere so I think it’s not broadcasting.
grayzweb
newt
newt

Postby andresr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Sorry I haven't been back to comment on this, been working on a garage reno that has been taking up my time. I would still like to find a way to do this if anyone can give me some pointers. On my pfSense firewall, I have VLANs setup and I have segregated my cameras and the AD2PI to a Security VLAN while my Smartthings Hub is on separate IOT VLAN. I have firewall rules that permit traffic from AD2Pi to ST and vice-versa. I have tried enabling the uPnP service for the AD2Pi but it just returns an error that it can't find a device. Any help to point would be appreciated.
andresr
newt
newt

Return to General