Add new zone and contacts to Ademco panel?

General Discussion

Add new zone and contacts to Ademco panel?

Postby mrvelous01 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Can anyone give me an idea of where to start figuring out how to add a new zone/set of contacts to my Ademco panel? I currently have an AD2PI that I ONLY use to send push messages to my cell phone when zones are tripped and reset. That is the entirety of my use of the product and pretty much the extent of my knowledge of it. I now have a room in my basement that I want to put a set of alarm contacts on (door) and add to my system. I know I'd rather not pay Guardian for a service call to do it, if I can avoid it (which is why I have the AD2PI to begin with!).

Here are the questions that I hope you can help me answer ...

Can I just piggyback the wires on terminals that I know are an already defined zone?
Should I use a particular brand of door contacts?
Should I purchase NO or NC contacts?
Do I need either a resistor or diode shorting out the contacts as I am reasonably sure there is always a signal present on the loop and if the wire was cut or the contacts defeated it would cause it to trip?
If I used a different set of terminals on the panel how do I set that up?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marvin
mrvelous01
newt
newt

Re: Add new zone and contacts to Ademco panel?

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Look at the programming manual for your panel and it will tell you exactly how to hook up a new zone and program it in. Most times EOL resistors are required unless programmed otherwise.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General