AlarmDecoder Firmware Version 2.2a.8 STABLE released!

General Discussion

AlarmDecoder Firmware Version 2.2a.8 STABLE released!

Postby kevin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Version 2.2a.8 firmware released for all AlarmDecoder.com products.

After nearly 3 years of working on 2.2a.8 firmware we are finally ready to call it stable and will start shipping new units with this firmware as soon as our existing stock is depleted. Anyone wishing to try out new firmware is welcome to download and update from our firmware download page at http://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index.php/Firmware

Here are some new features in 2.2a.8
Compass Programming Downloader now supported *
DSC power series alarms now supported
Changed LED flashing to show errors and info
Added error reporting command 'E'
Factory reset settings function
Start up header update to email,support contacts, dates
A few minor bug fixes in 2.2a.6

* requires AD2* modem driver installer for windows. Contact support for details on how to get the driver.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: AlarmDecoder Firmware Version 2.2a.8 STABLE released!

Postby wilsonb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:06 am

Great News !!
Thank you for the revision update.

BTW: The link doesn't work for the beta;
Beta
http://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index.php/Firmware
2.2+ 2.2a.9a1
wilsonb
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby SteveT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:47 am

Ok I am trying not to be dense here but how exactly do I upload the firmware? I downloaded the zip file and extracted the .hex firmware.

I have the Pi board and I don't see any "system" menu on the keypad webapp. I only have "keypad" "log" "settings" and Logout".

Or do I use a command line program from the Pi?

I do seem to have ad2-firmwareupload pre-installed but wasn't sure what params to use?
SteveT
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 am

Wilson, that is the next beta that will be available. Have not released a new one yet, we just went stable!

Steve, instructions are provided at the bottom of the link I posted. You can upload with the AlarmDecoder Keypad software (make sure you have newest version) and connect to socket client from a PC

Or you can do it from the pi itself, stop ser2sock, do an ad2-firmwareupload firmware.hex /dev/ttyAMA0 115200

The easiest method is with the AlarmDecoder Keypad software and choosing the Firmware Upload menu after connecting to the device via socket client.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mikef » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello,
Can you please send me a link or email me the modem drivers and any docs/config needed to get the AD2USB working with Compass? I tried emailing support but haven't heard back in a few days.
Thanks,
-Mike
mikef
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:14 am

The compass/modem driver is a limited beta program currently. We will keep your email on file and when we're ready to send out another wave of betas, you will be on the list.

Thanks!
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby wilsonb » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:12 am

A y update on 2.2a.9 being released? Its been a while..
wilsonb
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby mathewss » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 am

wilsonb wrote:A y update on 2.2a.9 being released? Its been a while..

Yes it has
I have spent the past 8 months working on a new release. Yesterday I released the latest stable firmware "2.2a.8.6" on our firmware page. We are updating documentation on the changes and have everything done except the new LRR Contact ID reporting for DSC and Ademco. Because this change was a significant departure of the LRR protocol we have changed the flags to remove "LR" and change it with "L2" so host programs can detect the difference. It is also easy enough to just parse the LRR message and detect the difference by the number of fields.

A few minor bugs were fixed in EXP messages on the Ademco emulation mode. For DSC emulation mode this is what happend to most of the past 6 months. We now fully support all DSC screens including programming, zone management, event log, device list etc. It is NOW possible to fully program the DSC panel remotely using the AD2 virtual keypad.

DSC now includes a zero configuration needed LRR reporting of contact ID data. It is not necessary to do any programming to have Contact ID reporting. Additional DSC reports codes can be enabled and settings such as AC loss reporting are helpful.

A few programming notes.
Code: Select all
[015] turn off bit 7 phone line monitoring if you are getting off copper.
[023] turn on bit 5 switch away to stay disabled. If arming remotely from phone.
[377]:5 AC Failure Communication Delay. Set to 0 to send immediately.

In DSC mode I changed how the Keypad Address field is defined. It is now the same as in actual DSC programming two numbers 1-8 the first number is the partition the second number is the slot. The default address in DSC mode is 11 for Partition 1 Slot 1.

An patched alarmdecodergui.exe and MyLCDDisplay.dll are being packaged for download today on the Keypad App page. This adds inverted LCD display for programming HEX fields as well as keys '<' and '>'.

The team here is working hard to implement the new LRR features and verify the current Web app and API are compatible with this firmware.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Postby MikeH » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm

I was using the Alarm Decoder Web app yesterday. I have the AD2USB. It says there was an firmware upgrade so I went ahead and let it install it. Everything seemed to go fine. The alarm decoder web app works great, but now my vera unit does not react to door openings anymore. It does recognize motion detectors though. I have the vista 20p alarm system. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
MikeH
newt
newt

Postby marvinmcconnell » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:01 am

MikeH wrote:I was using the Alarm Decoder Web app yesterday. I have the AD2USB. It says there was an firmware updates about the size genetics so I went ahead and let it install it. Everything seemed to go fine. The alarm decoder web app works great, but now my vera unit does not react to door openings anymore. It does recognize motion detectors though. I have the vista 20p alarm system. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Yesterday, I encountered the same issue with my vista 20p system. The unit does not trigger with door openings. Everything else seems to be working fine.
marvinmcconnell
newt
newt

Next

Return to General