Legacy Forum Topics

General Discussion

Legacy Forum Topics

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 am

We have a treasure trove of information on our old forums at: http://archive.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=showcat&catid=4. Please note that some of this information is years old and out of date and is here for reference only.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: Legacy Forum Topics

Postby recurry » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Kevin/Sean,

Is the legacy forum permanently offline now? The above link only takes you to the NuTech home page. So much info at the old forum on using the AD2USB I'd hate to see it be lost.

Also, you used to have a photo on how to use the AD2USB as a AD2SER but the diagram seems nowhere to be found. Can you direct me or put that back online?

Thanks so much,
Ron
recurry
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 am

Sorry, we will be bringing back the old forums at archive.nutech.com in the next few days, we needed a new nutech.com website :) - in the meantime, we will try to find what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mathewss » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 am

recurry wrote:Hi Kevin/Sean,

Is the legacy forum permanently offline now? The above link only takes you to the NuTech home page. So much info at the old forum on using the AD2USB I'd hate to see it be lost.

Also, you used to have a photo on how to use the AD2USB as a AD2SER but the diagram seems nowhere to be found. Can you direct me or put that back online?

Thanks so much,
Ron

I just posed this
http://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index. ... ut_Adapter

Its a start. I know on the old forums I had some more colorful drawing of how to wire up the serial to a uP and will hunt that picture down and post it in the next few days. The impages I posted show TX/RX lines that are also sent to the USB chip this is where the serial adapter would have gone. Not doing much with that now that we have a serial adapter and a Raspberry Pi version as they are much easier to connect with for embedded projects but I will do what I can to support it forever.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby recurry » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Its a start. I know on the old forums I had some more colorful drawing of how to wire up the serial to a uP and will hunt that picture down and post it in the next few days. The impages I posted show TX/RX lines that are also sent to the USB chip this is where the serial adapter would have gone. Not doing much with that now that we have a serial adapter and a Raspberry Pi version as they are much easier to connect with for embedded projects but I will do what I can to support it forever.

If it comes back when you get the old forum back online no need to repost the image except you might consider just taking the contents of that post and pasting it to the wiki page that addresses that topic but is currently blank. I may buy a PI version also but that will take a couple of days to get here and I was wanting to do some work with it today and thought that would be an easy way. What Kevin posted get's me there. :D

Thanks for all your help!

Ron
recurry
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

I have updated the original post to point to the archived forums.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby recurry » Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Kevin,

Thanks so much!!!!

Ron
recurry
newt
newt

Postby billfor » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm

The archive link doesn't seem to work anymore. Are the old posts available?
Specifically looking for this:
http://archive.nutech.com/index.php?opt ... d=4&id=656
This discusses configuring the relay board before you can view the on board zones.
Thanks.
billfor
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Return to General