Homebridge Plugin

Contribute source code here. Anything not accompanied by source code will be removed.

Re: Homebridge Plugin

Postby tommyd75 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Shaun, Have you had any time to check on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tommyd75
newt
newt

Postby ideal_ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Quick question - the config.json, what is the port? (to listen on).. I tried the port that ser2sock is on and homebridge throws an exception (address in use)
ideal_
newt
newt

Postby tommyd75 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 pm

ideal_ wrote:Quick question - the config.json, what is the port? (to listen on).. I tried the port that ser2sock is on and homebridge throws an exception (address in use)

Use whatever port you set up in the webpage on the Ad2Pi when you created the notifications.
I’m using port 5001 in my config file.

tommyd75
newt
newt

Postby aficustree » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Sorry, for some reason it didn't email me like it usually does. Feel free to use the GitHub issues tracker as I tend to be on GitHub way more frequently. Anyways, I apologize but I don't quite understand what AlarmDecoder is doing here. Looking at the logs it looks like zone 5 and 6 are faulted while it's reporting that 026 is in alarm on the text log. Then once you clear it, suddenly its now reporting 26 as faulted. The code as-written assumes that alarmdecoder would report it as a faulted zone. I think this is actually an issue with alarm decoders library or I'm making an invalid assumption. Is anyone from the alarmdecoder watching that could comment on what the expected behavior should be? Do i need to parse the text string to pick up smoke/fire alarms, if so, what's the point of passing it as a faulted zone only after it's cleared (and even then, what looks to be only momentarily)?

Also, could you double check to make sure your webUI libraries are updated? I can't test as my system doesn't have the fire/carbon system wired into it (indeed i have no idea where those cables are; a project for another day)
aficustree
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby aficustree » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

also i was thinking about whether i should add a light-switch to emulate the panic button. That way if you have some sort of homekit enabled security thing, it could function as a defacto extension of the honeywell/DSC system without actually having to wire them together. If magic thing X does Y then turn panic ON. Any interest?
aficustree
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby tommyd75 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Aficustree,
Sure, I’d be interested in trying out the panic thing.
Also are you talking about updating the web app when you say webUI libraries?
I have updated recently but I will check again for any updates.

tommyd75
newt
newt

Postby djstiky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:13 am

I just set up my homebridge on a Raspberry Pi 3 and it works great for the plugins I've installed so far.
However, if I try to install homebridge-alarmdecoder-platform like follows, I get a error:

sudo npm install -g git+https://github.com/aficustree/homeb ... orm#master
ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b master https://github.com/aficustree/homebridg ... atform.git /root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-0e95fd69 npm
ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of '/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-0e95fd69': Permission denied

Can anyone help?
djstiky
newt
newt

Postby aficustree » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:18 am

try adding
Code: Select all
--unsafe-perm
after
-g
aficustree
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby djstiky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:27 am

Just tried it and got this:

sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm git+https://github.com/aficustree/homeb ... orm#master
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b master https://github.com/aficustree/homebridg ... atform.git /root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-459d7e95
npm ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of '/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-459d7e95': Permission denied
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2018-06-18T14_30_34_506Z-debug.log
djstiky
newt
newt

Postby aficustree » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 am

npm seems to break when looking at it funny, i just synced the repo with nom's version, try it directly

sudo npm install -g homebridge-alarmdecoder-platform
aficustree
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

PreviousNext

Return to Code Contributions