Alarm Logger w/ Email Notification

Contribute source code here. Anything not accompanied by source code will be removed.

Re: Alarm Logger w/ Email Notification

Postby jrnyldo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:37 am

Thanks again for all the help. The Quit worked. Seems to be very stable now. Next Question. How do I get this to run on boot of the Raspberry Pi? Also, does anyone have information on how to get the AD2PI to work with a NetDuino?
jrnyldo
newt
newt

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 am

Glad to hear it!

The simplest solution (though not the best) is just to add the command to /etc/rc.local and background it with an ampersand (&) at the end. If you want to implement a proper forking process you can do something like this and omit the ugly forced backgrounding.

Haven't messed with the netduino, though I do have an Arduino Uno sitting on my desk that I haven't had a chance to write docs for yet. I'd imagine you can hook it up similarly to the BeagleBone Black. You'd just have to figure out the correct pins on the netduino side. Googling for 'netduino ttl serial' will probably get you some results.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby wilsonb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 am

Maybe I am missing something or this is based on an older version, but doesn't the webapp of Alarmdecoder on Linux(Raspberry) already do this. You can assign the alerts to your carrier SMS via email as stated in this topic below.

Is the difference one being a complete log file , versus single notifications?
wilsonb
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby kevin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:58 am

Wilson, This was posted before the webapp could do this.

Thanks.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Previous

Return to Code Contributions