Adding time ranges for notifications

Contribute source code here. Anything not accompanied by source code will be removed.

Adding time ranges for notifications

Postby timlegge » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi

I have added time ranges for notifications if anyone is interested. I wanted something that would message me if something occurred in a specific time only. For instance tell me the garage door is open at 10 PM. Right now the feature will message each time the event occurs but I do plan to add a limit for the number of messages to be send in a specific time period.

If you are interested it is located at: https://github.com/timlegge/alarmdecode ... e/timlegge

I am sure there are issue with my implementation and although I tested most of the notifications I don't use all of them. Don't use it without testing, No guarantees offered or implied. If you don't get messages that's your issue not mine.

Tim
timlegge
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: Adding time ranges for notifications

Postby kevin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Hey right on, after a quick perusal of the code it will do. It has been on our list for quite a while to do this but we just haven't had the time to put into it that we would like to with other things we have going on taking precedence now that we have a stable release out.

That said, I know for a fact we hadn't started on this, so if you wanted to submit a PR and incorporate your changes into the main project, that would be really awesome!

Thanks,
Kevin
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: Adding time ranges for notifications

Postby timlegge » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Pull request submitted.
timlegge
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Return to Code Contributions