Diagnostic issues

General Discussion

Diagnostic issues

Postby Map63Vette » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 am

So I have some strange things going on with my setup, though the most strange part is that it still seems to work fine. I'm running and AD2USB into a Ubuntu box that's working as a home server. I found the diagnostic menu the other day on the webapp and did both the module and communications test and had some odd results. The modules test shows some missing, so I went about installing what I could for the sake of having it to make sure I wasn't missing any features, but even after installing some of the modules they still show as missing. I've done a little searching and found that some might be irrelevant, but here's the list either way:
cffi
httplib2
usb
pycparser
sqlite3
pyftdi
gzip

When I do the communication test, the first three work just fine, but I get a timeout on the keypad communication receive test. I tried running screen on server and it appears to talk to the AD2USB fine and shows the continuous armed/disarm messages when the system is sitting idle (depending on what state it's in at the time). The strangest thing with all of this is that the whole system appears to work fine. The webapp functions and I can arm and disarm and see messages without any issue, the test just says it fails. Any idea what might be going on? I figure I'm probably looking a gift horse in the mouth since I'm "complaining" about apparent errors on a system that appears to be fully functional, but I was more curious than anything else about why I'm seeing the behavior I'm seeing. Any ideas what might be going on?
Map63Vette
newt
newt

Return to General