Newbie: AD2USB Communication is not established

General Discussion

Newbie: AD2USB Communication is not established

Postby guimar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Hello, first of all, I have to say that I'm a newbie working with Alarms. I have just bought the AD2USB, I want to use it to communicate with a Vista 20P, what I want is to "read" every byte of data that is transmitted through ECP, I want to see RF signals information (5800 devices like a remote control 5834) even if the device is not configured on the panel, but I'm not able to do it, I cannot read anything. I think I am mssing something very basic.

When I start the app it begins to display some information on the log tab and it ends with : "!Ready. Press ! for configuration " and after that nothing happens, and the digital display stays on "Entering Running Mode Waiting first message"

This is my setup
* 1 Vista 20P
* 1 AD2USB, address 18, baud rate 115200, COM4
* 1 6150RF keypad
* 1 6160 keypad address 16
* 1 5834 remote control
* Windows 7 service pack 1, 64 bits\
* Keypadd app V2.0.10

When I arm or disarm the system using the remote, I can see the messages displayed on the 6160 keypad, I want to see the same information on the App, what am I missing?

I really appreciate your help, thanks in advance

Note: I tried to enable address 18 on the panel using field *191, options 1 1, I'm not sure if this is correct. Also, if I send '*', the log says !Sending. . . . . done
guimar
newt
newt

Re: Newbie: AD2USB Communication is not established

Postby kevin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am

Sounds like you've not got your wiring correct (check di and do lines) or you have not enabled keypad address correctly in panel
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General