Newbie questions

General Discussion

Newbie questions

Postby kapios » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

I have successfully installed my AD2USB and have a few questions that I was not able to resolve after searching in the forums:

1) The log in the AlarmDecoder Keypad App is continuously updated every few seconds with the current state of the alarm. Is this working properly or should there be a single line until the state changes?

2) If a zone faults, the log does not show the offending zone. It merely states that the System is not ready to arm. If I press the * key, I am able to see the offending zone, however, that also makes the keypads in my house "speak" the fault which I do not want. Is there any other way to see which zone has faulted? Can this be done programatically (even if all zones are simultaneously queried) so that the faulted zone will not be spoken by the physical keypads?

3) I would like to include more than one email addresses that will receive notifications from the app. Can this be done? I tried adding a separator between email addresses on the configuration page but was not successful.

I am very happy with this device and wish I had discovered it sooner. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to track zone information and trigger emails depending on activity, time of day etc. It looks like there is a framework to do some of this but I am unsure if my Ademco 50P will allow zone tracking "in the background".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kapios
newt
newt

Return to General