Existing keypad not working, windows triggering two zones

General Discussion

Existing keypad not working, windows triggering two zones

Postby kolbyjack » Sat May 12, 2018 5:37 am

I installed and set up an AD2PI with my Vista 20P system yesterday, and it seems to work through the web interface, but I'm having two odd issues. For some background, my system was installed when my house was built, and originally serviced by ADT. A few years ago, I switched providers to Bright House/Spectrum, and they disconnected one of my keypads, as they said it wouldn't work with their system, and I haven't touched the system from the time they removed their equipment until yesterday.

Onto my issues. First, the master bedroom windows seem to be tripping both zones 3 and 4 when they're open. This isn't really a deal breaker, it's just weird, and I'd like to fix it if anyone can guess why it may be happening.

Second, the original keypad, that has always been connected, doesn't seem to be working anymore. It's powered, but when I try to perform any actions (arming/disarming/toggling chime/etc), nothing happens. The display only shows "AC" in the upper right corner. When I was running through the initial setup of the AD2PI, it reported two keypads, which I assumed were this one and the AD2PI itself. Is there any way to verify that the keypad can communicate with the Vista from the keypad itself?
kolbyjack
newt
newt

Return to General