AD2USB VeraPlus Plugin / Alarm Status

General Discussion

AD2USB VeraPlus Plugin / Alarm Status

Postby ryanh1986 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm

When my system is in alarm, the plugin reports the partition as simply "ExitDelay", therefore my monitoring company (Vera Protect) is not seeing the alarm. Is there any way to update this or...?

My reasoning for wanting this to function as it should: I don't want Vera Protect monitoring my individual zones. If they are monitoring my front door contact via AD2USB, they receive the alarm signal regardless of having disarmed the panel via the keypad.

So, what happens is: Front door opens -> Vera goes into alarm -> Vista goes into alarm -> Keypad disarms Vista -> Vera still calls police. Every time the door is opened when armed.

My current options to remedy this without the plugin reporting an alarm condition are:

Disable monitoring the door contact completely (defeating the purpose of the security system in-place to begin with)
Buy RF key fobs for the Vista panel so that it can be disarmed from outside before entering (not ideal for guest access or general forgetfulness)

I would like to be able to JUST rely on the partition itself going into an alarm state and leave the other devices "disarmed" in my VeraPlus. After all, the Honeywell panel was designed for this express purpose. Can we make that happen?
ryanh1986
newt
newt

Re: AD2USB VeraPlus Plugin / Alarm Status

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Sure, you can disable the exit delay and it won't send an exit delay status ... or they could follow the protocol in their implementation
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby ryanh1986 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:38 am

Is the plugin written by Vera?
ryanh1986
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 am

yep
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby ryanh1986 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:42 am

Ok, sorry then. I was under the assumption that the respective company has to write the plugin. Man, Vera really is a poorly executed great idea. I'm starting to hate them.
ryanh1986
newt
newt

Postby ryanh1986 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:36 pm

So I had a little bit of a bright moment... I have Vera monitoring zones 92 (duress), 95 (panic), 96 (medical 'co alarm'), 99 (fire), and also 57/61 (two different Honeywell key fob panic buttons).

Is there a particular zone output for a general alarm that I can make a "device" for? e.g. something I can put into the cheat sheet that gets tripped under general alarm?
ryanh1986
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 pm

you'll have to check your alarm manual, i am not sure
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General