Keypad communication (Receive) ⚠ Test timed out.

General Discussion

Postby prjc3113 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 am

I received my AD2PI, installed it on my PI, connected it as described, configured it, updated it to the latest FW release 2.2a.8.8 (Installed), and latest code from GIT.

Note, this is an old ADEMCO unit that runs greats.

Unfortunately, the diagnostic test doesn't succeed.

Opening device ✔
Saving device configuration ✔
Keypad communication (Send) ✔
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.39.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.39.04 AM.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 7015 times

I can talk to the alarm panel via the keypad. I can activate/deactivate, etc.. but nothing's being displayed on the main 'keypad' reflecting the status. it seems to be stuck in this message: "Please Wait, loading...."
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.33.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.33.03 AM.png (37.01 KiB) Viewed 7015 times

I checked on the serial line (using 'screen') and I am successfully communicating with the device. I also get some data from the panel, but very limited. Just few sensor information. that's about it.
!>
!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff05&ADDRESS=31&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.8,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;M2;CB;DS;ER;CR
!EXP:00,02,01
!EXP:00,02,00

I can get some of these messages on various sensors (see attached screenshot), but that's about it! It seems as if something's not working on the AD2PI.
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.34.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.34.54 AM.png (72.82 KiB) Viewed 7015 times

I Don't know what else I can do to get this thing fully functional.

Any suggestion ?
prjc3113
newt
newt

Re: Keypad communication (Receive) ⚠ Test timed out.

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 am

Please post logs from the raw stream

(telnet alarmdecoder.local 10000 by default)

In this telnet session, you can send keys to arm/disarm/whatever, please do this to verify functionality

Would like to see a full raw message stream to see if things seem OK - some older panels have timing issues that make the messages... odd, to say the least.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby prjc3113 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am

Sending commands is not the issue here; I can arm/desarm, etc.. I'm just not able to get a proper response

Here's what I get when applying the diagnostic test and monitoring the result via 'telnet'

!>
!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff05&ADDRESS=31&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.8,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;M2;CB;DS;ER;CR
!>ADDRESS=31&CONFIGBITS=ff05&MASK=0&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&LRR=N&DEDUPLICATE=N&MODE=A&COM=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!Sending..done
prjc3113
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am

Do you get no regular alarm messages at all in that stream?

Running the diagnostics is great, but I want to see a stream of messages if possible.

What panel is this exactly?
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby prjc3113 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Model#: "FA120C"

I get some stream of data, just not enough to get the full state of the panel.

Here are some of the events I get from the panel:

!EXP:00,02,01
!EXP:00,02,00

but not enough to fully activate the webapp.
prjc3113
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Are those the only messages that come out of the device? If so, I feel that the panel is too old to have ALPHA support and there is no way to present the data. So while you can arm/disarm and get zone faults through expanders, there is little else you can do with that old of a panel.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby prjc3113 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:20 pm

As I mentioned, there are few others messages I can get, just not all of them which is preventing me from capturing the exact status of the panel (and fails the diagnostic test).

So Rx (to the panel) works fine since I can interact with it, but old panel or not, Tx data are correctly received by all 4 physical keypads while the AD2PI is only a decoding a limited number of them. That's very strange. I guess my next move is to hook up a sniffer and verify that there are Tx data being transmitted.

Is there a diagnostic/debug mode I can activate on the AD2PI by any chance to run this test?
prjc3113
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm

prjc3113 wrote:As I mentioned, there are few others messages I can get, just not all of them which is preventing me from capturing the exact status of the panel (and fails the diagnostic test).

So Rx (to the panel) works fine since I can interact with it, but old panel or not, Tx data are correctly received by all 4 physical keypads while the AD2PI is only a decoding a limited number of them. That's very strange. I guess my next move is to hook up a sniffer and verify that there are Tx data being transmitted.

Is there a diagnostic/debug mode I can activate on the AD2PI by any chance to run this test?

And this is why I asked originally for a log of the message stream from ser2sock. We can see the format of the message and deduce if it's something that can be fixed with firmware updates or not, or if there's something else going on. Please for the sake of expediency in helping you be forthright with information that is requested. None of the information you show will give anybody any passcodes or anything to your system.

If there is a beta firmware available, you can enter "@48" to enter diagnostic mode and then you can enter "@00" to exit
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby prjc3113 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 am

kevin wrote:
And this is why I asked originally for a log of the message stream from ser2sock. We can see the format of the message and deduce if it's something that can be fixed with firmware updates or not, or if there's something else going on. Please for the sake of expediency in helping you be forthright with information that is requested. None of the information you show will give anybody any passcodes or anything to your system.

If there is a beta firmware available, you can enter "@48" to enter diagnostic mode and then you can enter "@00" to exit

I did make use of that 'telnet' command you provided earlier, and sent you the exact results I'm getting.
If that's not enough, or if there is something else I''m supposed to use, It would greatly help to have a exact set of instructions I can use to provide you with what is necessary to debug this issue.

Right now, I've provided you with what I was able to decipher through this forum and one very small troubleshooting guides, but so far no clear documentation on how to get any message stream from ser2sock or how and where to enter this '@48' instruction and where to look for retrieve the diagnostic result.
prjc3113
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:16 am

If those EXP messages are truly the only messages coming through the stream, then you'll have to email support @ ad2usb@support.nutech.com

The @48 works in the ser2sock stream with a beta firmware - you telnet in, and just enter the keystrokes
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Next

Return to General