[Solved] Receiving zone status messages while alarm is armed

General Discussion

[Solved] Receiving zone status messages while alarm is armed

Postby deltanu1142 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 am

I use AD2USB as a gateway between my Vista 15P and my Micasaverde Vera home automation system. It works well, and I'm able to see zone status and control the alarm through Vera's Ademco alarm plugin. The attachment shows Vera's UI as of a couple of minutes ago. The alarm is disarmed, and the front door is open, apparently (there's someone home, don't get any ideas)...

When the alarm is armed, however, I don't get zone status messages out of AD2USB. I would like to be able to see what the zones are doing when the alarm is armed--particularly zone 2, first-floor motion. I want to use this in my home automation scheme. Obviously, if any other zone changes status when the alarm is armed, the alarm will sound... so it's mainly zone 2 I'm interested in.

Is there a way to retrieve zone status through AD2USB while the alarm is armed?
Attachments
VeraUI.png
Vera UI showing Ademco alarm devices
VeraUI.png (179.34 KiB) Viewed 9545 times
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Re: Receiving zone status messages while alarm is armed

Postby deltanu1142 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:54 am

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I should note that all of the zones I'm interested in are hardwired.
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am

If I recall correctly, and Sean can feel free to correct me if wrong, but I don't think the alarm panel sends out information on hardwired zones when armed unless faulted or wired through an expander or relay.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

It's doable via virtual relays, I believe.

Some details can be found here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... #msg101688

I realize the links to the old forums are bad, but if you click on 'Legacy Forum Topics' on this forum.. and then 'Relay support (initial beta report)' on the first page should have instructions on how to do this.

Now excuse me while I go fix those links..
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby deltanu1142 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 am

Scott wrote:It's doable via virtual relays, I believe.
Some details can be found here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... #msg101688
I realize the links to the old forums are bad, but if you click on 'Legacy Forum Topics' on this forum.. and then 'Relay support (initial beta report)' on the first page should have instructions on how to do this.
Now excuse me while I go fix those links..

Thanks Scott--I'm on that forum, naturally, but I didn't see that thread. Very handy. And I've ready the Relay support thread on the old NuTech forums, but I'm just unclear on how to proceed. I did the Ademco takeover procedure through the keypad, but beyond that, my confidence in programming via the keypad is shaky at best.

EDIT: I may give this a try when I get home. When I say, "I'm unclear on how to proceed," I mean, I'm not sure how to get the programming done. It looks like I'll need a new version of the panel plugin, and then to do some work with the alarm keypad. It's the key presses I'm unsure of.
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Return to General