Smartthings Bypass of zones

General Discussion

Re: Smartthings Bypass of zones

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

If you have a SmartThings notification type configured it should subscribe to these events by default:

ARM, DISARM, ALARM, PANIC, FIRE, BYPASS, ZONE_FAULT, ZONE_RESTORE

You can modify what it sends in the send routine of the SmartThingsNotification in types.py of the notifications package

I did not write the SmartThingsNotification, but it might trigger SmartThings to query the AlarmDecoder API, which can be found in the api package

You can find API documentation here http://www.alarmdecoder.com/swagger/
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby jeffwu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Kelvin

I hope this post doesn't go off topic in this thread. I think it is related still. with building a smart things out of AD2PI, there is a need to track zone fault notification from motion sensors. In NIGHT STAY mode, sensor faults in both upper floors are bypassed and they would not trigger alert. through WebApp notifications, I receive Zone Fault notification from most motion sensors, except one particular motion sensor (let's say Zone 13) not sending Fault notification. I verify that this sensor itself did detect motions (turning red on or off) when I walked by the zone.

This motion sensor is placed in a high traffic area where it becomes very useful for Smartthings to track.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue - so WebApp will send sends Fault notification for Zone 13 like any other motion sensors during NIGHT STAY armed mode.

p.s. Zone 13 does send fault notification in READY mode.

thanks
jeffwu
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Check to see if there is configuration difference on the panel between working zones and unworking zones. I know in some instances, motions do not report during STAY/NIGHT STAY because of animals and people moving in the house.

This is not a fault of the alarmdecoder or ad2pi, but a zone/panel configuration in my opinion.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby jeffwu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm

do you have reference doc where to check this type of config. I understand this is likely out of AD2Pi could control. your direction or reference direction is greatly appreciated.

I have two sensors on the main floor. one didn't send fault notification, one did during NIGHT STAY. so my guess is on that specific sensor in panel config.
jeffwu
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Could also be one of them is a hardwired onboard zone and the other is through an expander - onboard zones don't show faults when in an arm state

Reference? Sorry, I can't help you there - my best suggestion is to compare the programming in your panel for each of the zones against each other.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Previous

Return to General