DSC 2550 with ad2pi

General Discussion

DSC 2550 with ad2pi

Postby proxima » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi,

I have been trying to install the ad2pi on my DSC 2550 with little success. I am able to telnet into the device and it gives me this output:

!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!
!>Ademco/DSC Mode A/D (D) :>
!>Keypad Partition (11) :>
!>
!CONFIG>MODE=D&CONFIGBITS=1116&ADDRESS=11&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.6,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;MK;CB;DS;ER;CR

It says keypad partition 11 but DSC only allows up to 8? I have two working physical keypads and I have disconnected one and attempted to use that assigned number but no success.

When setting up the device through the web interface I get the the 'key communication (send)' step and it either times out or presents an error saying check the connection etc. (I have wired as per instructions Y-G G-Y).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
proxima
newt
newt

Re: DSC 2550 with ad2pi

Postby kevin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Keypad Partition on DSC setup is not documented well yet since the new firmware changes

It is structured as such: <partition><slot> so "11" would be partition 1 slot 1 by default - sorry for the confusion

If you could connect to the ser2sock port or the device directly and try to send keys to the panel it would be helpful - if it is not successful, please email a debug dump with configuration settings to ad2usb@support.nutech.com

@48 to enable debug
@00 to disable
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby Scott » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am

Just wanted to mention that your CONFIGBITS setting looks very strange. The default is ff04. I can't tell what your MASK setting is since it got cut off, so you might want to confirm that that isn't something strange as well. It's default is ffffffff.

Are you using our image for the Raspberry Pi? If not, you should make sure that you've fully disabled the serial console. That's usually the #1 thing that causes strange configuration settings like this.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby proxima » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am using the your pre-built image on a raspberry pi 2. I'm actually on to my second rpi2 and still unable to set up the device (in case it was pi hardware). I get a check mark on 'opening device' but either test timed out or check connection on the other headings. Here is my current telnet output:

Code: Select all
!CONFIG>MODE=D&CONFIGBITS=c00b&ADDRESS=22&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!sn:ffffffff
!boot....................
!
!Ademco Keypad Emulator V2.2a.8.6
!Copyright (C) 2008-2015 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.
!Reproduction without permission is prohibited
!By Sean Mathews <coder@f34r.com>
!For support email AlarmDecoder@support.nutech.com
!www.AlarmDecoder.com
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!Ready. Press ! for configuration.
@48
!>Diag. Flag (0) :>48
!Sending.....done
!Sending.....done

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go next. I have disconnected both of my physical keypads. I also have a pi3 for testing which I could try next. I also came across config bits ff00 if that means anything. I have access to the programmers guide for the DSC 2550 but I can't seem to find the part that will allow me to add extra keypads.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers
proxima
newt
newt

Postby proxima » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 am

I started over and then got this output:
Code: Select all
!CONFIG>MODE=A&CONFIGBITS=ff00&ADDRESS=18&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.6,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;MK;CB;DS;ER;CR
!>ADDRESS=3&CONFIGBITS=ff00&MASK=ffffffff&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&LRR=N&DEDUPLICATE=N&MODE=D
!CONFIG>MODE=D&CONFIGBITS=ff00&ADDRESS=11&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!Sending.....done
!>
!CONFIG>MODE=D&CONFIGBITS=ff00&ADDRESS=11&LRR=N&COM=N&EXP=NNNNN&REL=NNNN&MASK=ffffffff&DEDUPLICATE=N
!Reading configuration.
!UART init.
!
!>Ademco/DSC  Mode A/D  (D) :>
!>Keypad Partition     (11) :>

Is there a common theme? I can't tell.

Thanks
proxima
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 am

Please make sure your wiring is like this diagram for DSC:

http://www.alarmdecoder.com/images/banner3.jpg

Also note that all 4 wires need to be attached
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby kevin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 am

Was just made aware that there is a service to disable on the pi2 as well - the hciuart service
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby proxima » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I have disabled the hciuart service and I have all wires connected. Can you please confirm what the best GPIO pins to use on the pi 2 are? I will also attempt to use the existing wiring from my physical keypads to rule out any wiring issues as these are usable if connected.

I am also experiencing the steady green LED flashing on the device which is the boot loader?

Thanks
proxima
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 am

Please email support so we can get you in touch with engineering for help with debugging
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby proxima » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:47 am

Thanks. i'm beginning to think that my DSC 2550 is incompatible. I may upgrade my board. In the meantime I'll email support and see if we can't crack this nut.

Cheers
proxima
newt
newt

Next

Return to General