[Solved] Trouble With Sending Commands

General Discussion

[Solved] Trouble With Sending Commands

Postby jonm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 pm

I just upgraded my ad2usb to latest firmware and am having trouble sending commands to it. I have a Vista 21IP and had it previously working.

I can connect to the ad2usb using the GUI keypad on my mac and watch the alarm updates in the log file. However when I send a command, nothing happens. I have my ad2usb set to address 18 and have added that address several times to the alarm with no success. Is there a way to check what address my other keypads are at? How else can I troubleshoot this issue?
jonm
newt
newt

Re: Trouble With Sending Commands

Postby kevin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:50 pm

You can find the existing keypad address for a given keypad by holding down the 1 and 3 buttons for about 3 seconds. It will display the address in use. Please make sure there are no address conflicts.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby jonm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:39 am

That was it, one of my keypads was already using address 18. Thanks for the help.

I did also notice that the ad2usb led at some point went from a blinking green to a steady green. I assume the blinking green is the normal state? What does it mean when it goes to a steady green?
jonm
newt
newt

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:39 am

The LED will go into a very fast blink when the device first boots and there are a few cases where the LED stops blinking altogether, which results in either a solid LED or the LED being off. The two spots where you might see this is if the device is in configuration mode, or while attempting to send a keypress. If the LED stops working entirely, even after repowering the device, then there's an issue with the device itself.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby hwve » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:15 am

Scott wrote:The LED will go into a very fast blink when the device first boots and there are a few cases where the LED stops blinking altogether, which results in either a solid LED or the LED being off. The two spots where you might see this is if the device is in configuration mode, or while attempting to send a keypress. If the LED stops working entirely, even after repowering the device, then there's an issue with the device itself.

I have this problem, where the Vera says 'opening i/o port' and then shortly after 'connection down' and no :LEDs. It does that after either a reboot or reload. It works perfectly with the AlarmDecoder app. This has been frustrating me for a week now, it was the express reason for buying the Vera and the AD2. I have tried everything I can think of as well as any tips I can find on the internet. I am about to start from scratch with both the Vera and the AD2 unless somebody has an idea I have not tried yet.
p.s. The three pads have address17,18 and 19. The AD2 being on 19.

Any ideas?
hwve
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:33 am

Not sure if you have tried looking at the logs yet so lets start with this.

Lets first start by getting the configuration dump from the Ad2* by using the GUI or putty and paste us the CONFIG> response in the log view of the Keypad App or in putty pressing ! and enter through all prompts and paste the results here.

The turn on debugging on the Vera Ad2 plugin.
* http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb

panel >> Advanced
set DebugMode = 1

Then restart stuff so the log gets the info and you see the fault.

Then we need to get into the LuaUPnP.log and see whats going on. Its a big file and its not clear what we are looking for so the best thing would be to use 'scp' to download to your local computer and email this to general@support.nutech.com.

This log should tell me what is going on.

I would be able to connect directly to your vera and do this over the phone if you can allow me access to your desktop sometime on Monday.

We can discuss that on the support ticket when you email support.

No worries we will figure this out.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Return to General