Smartthings Integration Issues

General Discussion

Smartthings Integration Issues

Postby rschandl » Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 am

I've been using the AD2Pi Network Appliance for about 6 months and it has been working great so far with my Smartthings setup. Prior to this new release I had been using CoRE to sync up AlarmDecoder with Smart Home Monitor. This arrangement worked OK but occasionally things would get out of sync.

Last night I installed the new update but it doesn't appear to be working correctly for me. I have version v0.7.6 of the WebApp installed and everything works perfectly from there. On Smartthings the virtual contact sensors / zones are updating immediately (great job on this!). The main thing that is not working correctly is the Arm/Disarm buttons. Essentially nothing appears to be happening when I press either button. The weird thing is that if I triple tap either button then the alarm panel does if fact respond. Since I've confirmed that two-way communication is working fine, my assumption is that something with the new device handler broke compatibility with my PC1555 DSC panel. Both the Arm/Disarm buttons worked fine using the old Device Handlers / SmartApp. Twice now I've tried removing everything and going through the installation process from scratch. Every time I've had the same result. Any assistance with this would be much appreciated!
rschandl
newt
newt

Re: Smartthings Integration Issues

Postby rschandl » Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am

I spoke too soon.

I compared the new/old device_type.groovy and noticed that the DSC keys had been changed for arm_away and arm_stay. The old DSC keys were "a" for arm_away and "s" for arm_stay. The new version of device_type.groovy has "<S5>" for arm_away and "<S4>" for arm_stay. I replaced these two values in the new DH and now everything is working as expected!
rschandl
newt
newt

Postby Scott » Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am

In the latest SmartThings release I changed DSC's arm/disarm functions over to the new standardized ones that are currently in our beta firmware. It should be an easy fix and the latest beta also includes a whole lot of improvements for DSC.

Latest beta release: http://www.alarmdecoder.com/downloads/f ... a_8_5s.zip

Just go download the latest beta firmware release and use the webapp to flash it onto your device and you should be good to go. You can find the firmware update page under Settings -> Advanced -> Firmware Update.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby rschandl » Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you Scott! The updated firmware seems to work great with the new Smartthings integration.

There is one minor issue I noticed. When sending the "Stay" command, Smart Home Monitor will switch to "Armed (Away)" during the exit delay. After the exit delay finishes, SHM switches back to "Armed (Home)". This is an issue for me because I have SHM configured to use all my motion sensors when in "Armed (Away)" mode (these motion sensors are only connected to smartthings, not my alarm panel). So when my alarm auto-arms at 11:00pm each evening, there will be a 30 second window where SHM could get triggered by any of the motion sensors in my home.
rschandl
newt
newt

Postby Scott » Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm

I noticed the same thing here. DSC doesn't report that it's 'stay' until it's finished it's arming process. Unfortunately I don't have a good solution for that one at the moment. I am thinking that there might be some way, probably with exit delays or similar, to eliminate that wait time. I'll try to dig a little next week and see if I can find anything.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby rschandl » Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks Scott!
rschandl
newt
newt

Postby raidflex » Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am

Anyone have issues when enabling a new zone? I enabled a new hardwired zone on my Honeywell Vista 20p panel (Zone 6) but after adding the new zone to zonetracker in the smartthings smartapp, the new device does not show up in the list. I have powercycled the AD2Pi after enabling the new zone on the panel.
raidflex
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:43 am

Hardwired zones 1-8 don't report faults when armed at all. They can still trigger alarms, but won't show a fault message unless the system is disarmed.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General