Smartthing Smart Home Monitor integration

General Discussion

Smartthing Smart Home Monitor integration

Postby ToXIc » Thu May 04, 2017 2:16 pm

With the latest integration of ST WebApp Smart Home Monitor is great but i have one issue. Although my ZWave garage door isnt tied into the alarm system or AD appliance in ST its a point of entry/exit and i guess it automatically add it to SHM i cant find an option to remove it.

When the alarm is armed and the garage i get the in the attached pic. I've been ignoring it for a few days but its getting annoying. I'm also looking on the ST boards to see how i can remove the garage door from SHM. Is there anything that can be done in a future AD ST WebApp update?

ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: Smartthing Smart Home Monitor integration

Postby kevin » Thu May 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Maybe, we're not geared to have sensors integrated in this way. What we support would be integrating the garage door directly into the alarm panel itself via virtual zones (L command in protocol documentation) and you can treat the garage door as an actual alarm zone... and not have 2 handlers like this.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby Scott » Thu May 04, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm not super savvy when it comes to Smart Home Monitor, but this might help:

Inside the Smart Home Monitor configuration, the Security section specifically, there's a checkbox for 'use every open/close and motion sensor'. You can uncheck that and then choose which sensors you want Smart Home Monitor to look after.

After that you could potentially make a Custom rule that only monitors the garage door during certain times/status/whatever. That stuff's under 'more options' in Custom.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby ToXIc » Thu May 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Scott wrote:I'm not super savvy when it comes to Smart Home Monitor, but this might help:

Inside the Smart Home Monitor configuration, the Security section specifically, there's a checkbox for 'use every open/close and motion sensor'. You can uncheck that and then choose which sensors you want Smart Home Monitor to look after.

After that you could potentially make a Custom rule that only monitors the garage door during certain times/status/whatever. That stuff's under 'more options' in Custom.

this is exactly what i needed thanks.. removed the garage door.
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby james061 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Scott wrote:I'm not super savvy when it comes to Smart Home Monitor, but this might help:

Hello Scott,
thanks for posting this, This is also helpful for me!! :D
james061
newt
newt

Postby james061 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Hello Scott,
thanks for posting this, This is also helpful for me!! :D
james061
newt
newt

Return to General