Smoke Detector in Smartthings

General Discussion

Smoke Detector in Smartthings

Postby mgreinke » Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm

My apologies in advance if this is a newbie question and has already been answered. I have a AD2PI Network Appliance and it is working great. The web app functions great. I can successfully connect to the web app from outside my local network. The keypad is working perfectly. I also have the Smartthings code integrated and all the contact sensors for my doors are working great. I have not considered enabling the PIR sensors that were installed in my early 90's home because I have pets in the house that I know would set off these sensors.

My question has to do with the Smoke Detector connected to my Vista 40. All the devices in Smartthings show up as a VirtualContactSensor that is either open or closed. The only device handler code that I have found is for a contact sensor. Does the AD Smartthings code consider all sensors as contact sensors or is there some way to select that for specifically for a smoke detector connected to one of my zones?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: Smoke Detector in Smartthings

Postby kevin » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 pm

The current VirtualContactSensor encompasses smoke, yes - in a future update we will be adding motion and smoke sensors as separate virtual sensors, mostly for SHM look and feel - as it is, current Smoke sensor will report Fire correctly.

They do sell pet-proof PIR sensors that work pretty well :)
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mgreinke » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks for the quick response on the smoke detector. Havent seen a PIR that wont get tripped by a 75lb dog in my googling but I could believe they' could be out there somewhere.
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby ratty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 am

Last edited by ratty on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ratty
newt
newt

Postby ratty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 am

kevin wrote:The current VirtualContactSensor encompasses smoke, yes - in a future update we will be adding motion and smoke sensors as separate virtual sensors, mostly for SHM look and feel - as it is, current Smoke sensor will report Fire correctly.

They do sell pet-proof PIR sensors that work pretty well :)

Is there a quick dirty way to see if the fire/smoke sensor is attached to the alarm panel? Been pondering replacing my old school sensor with one of the Nest ones.

As for the different sensors for different purposes, will it be like the code I sent you previously?

alarmdecoderST.jpg
Virtual Sensors
alarmdecoderST.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
ratty
newt
newt

Postby raidflex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 am

So has there been any progress on separating smoke detectors from all contact devices in ST?
raidflex
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:38 am

Don't know the code roadmap since I left the company. However, it's open source so people can make modifications on their own to support what they need.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General