False alarms with nothing recorded in log?

General Discussion

False alarms with nothing recorded in log?

Postby Maxburn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Lately I've been getting false alarms at night when armed in stay mode. What's really weird is there is no message "hit * to see faults" after I disarm the system AND there is nothing at all logged in the alarmdecoder event log. This is happening more and more often, what is going on?

Could old batteries in wireless sensors cause this? I would think they would show up as a zone fault?

Alarmdecoder is up to date and has been in use for well over a year now trouble free.
Vista 20p/Ademco panel.
Maxburn
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Re: False alarms with nothing recorded in log?

Postby kevin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 am

Sure sounds like something on your alarm end unfortunately - I would check sensor batteries as you suggested as a first step.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby Maxburn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

The part I don't get is why is everything except the thing that triggered the alarm logged?
Maxburn
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby mathewss » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:57 am

Maxburn wrote:The part I don't get is why is everything except the thing that triggered the alarm logged?

I would expect to see something in the event log at least showing the exact message of the alarm may help me see what the alarm is and messages just before I expect will also have some insight.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Postby Maxburn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 am

There isn't anything in there, log attached. 8:30 getting ready to go to bed and armed system. 10:30 it alarms with the usual message disarm or alarm occurs, I disarmed it before it actually went into alarm. Re armed it right away and didn't have to bypass anything. Not an isolated occurrence either, happened about for times in the past couple weeks now.

Is there a more verbose logging that can be turned on?

OK so log not attached, apparently PDF isn't allowed here. Only thing the log shows is absolutely nothing happening for two hours before the disarm entry.
Maxburn
Senior Nut
Senior Nut

Postby joyce » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:50 am

Great to be a part of this discussion. :) Actually, I don't get you.
joyce
newt
newt

Postby timlegge » Sat May 27, 2017 7:05 am

Maxburn wrote:There isn't anything in there, log attached. 8:30 getting ready to go to bed and armed system. 10:30 it alarms with the usual message disarm or alarm occurs, I disarmed it before it actually went into alarm. Re armed it right away and didn't have to bypass anything. Not an isolated occurrence either, happened about for times in the past couple weeks now.

I had a false alarm recently. The alarm actually went off and listed a zone doubled zone that just has the resisted at the panel (a dead zone). I plan to wire it in but thats as much as I have looked at at the moment.

Tim
timlegge
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Return to General