AlarmDecoder Keypad App entering running mode forever

General Discussion

AlarmDecoder Keypad App entering running mode forever

Postby alphasupremicus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 am

Has anyone got the native Mono C# client to work recently against an AD2PI? I just got my AD2PI and the web panel works just fine. From what I can tell, the native Keypad App seems to connect to the listener on my Raspberry Pi just fine (tcp/10000) as the log messages are showing the same log messages I see in the web panel app.

But the keypad tab page of the thick client app just shows "Entering Running Mode / Waiting first message" forever and the actual buttons don't work (i.e. don't send anything to the panel). I've tried both the Windows and Mac OSX clients and get the same results.

My AD2PI and Raspberry PI 3 are setup using the downloadable image from this site and so I'd like to think this is as about as "out-of-the-box" you can get. Odd that the log messages do indeed show up.

Screen shot attached to this post.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 3.14.29 PM.png
Screenshot showing problem
Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 3.14.29 PM.png (185.67 KiB) Viewed 8259 times
alphasupremicus
newt
newt

Re: AlarmDecoder Keypad App entering running mode forever

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am

Go to configure -> general settings -> HEX Keypad Address Mask, make sure your address of your alarmdecoder is selected

In this case 02.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby alphasupremicus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 am

How did I miss that? Thank you!
alphasupremicus
newt
newt

Postby RiseUp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 am

kevin wrote:Go to configure -> general settings -> HEX Keypad Address Mask, make sure your address of your alarmdecoder is selected

In this case 02.

My address is 11. I've added that to the keypad address mask, restarted the keypad app, verified that 11 is still included, but the app's LCD display continually displays "Entering Running Mode / Waiting first message".

In my case, the keypad app's buttons do work. It is only app's LCD display that doesn't. Anything else I can try?
RiseUp
newt
newt

Postby RiseUp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 am

kevin wrote:Go to configure -> general settings -> HEX Keypad Address Mask, make sure your address of your alarmdecoder is selected

In this case 02.

My address is 11. I've added that to the keypad address mask, restarted the keypad app, verified that 11 is still included, but the app's LCD display continually displays "Entering Running Mode / Waiting first message".

In my case, the keypad app's buttons do work. It is only app's LCD display that doesn't. Anything else I can try?
RiseUp
newt
newt

Postby RiseUp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:24 am

RiseUp wrote:My address is 11. I've added that to the keypad address mask, restarted the keypad app, verified that 11 is still included, but the app's LCD display continually displays "Entering Running Mode / Waiting first message".

Solution
For some reason, all messages that my AD2USB are receiving appear to be aimed at only one keypad, whose address is 1, so after including 1 in the mask, the LCD now works as expected.
RiseUp
newt
newt

Return to General