[Solved] Vista 20P Connection Problem

General Discussion

[Solved] Vista 20P Connection Problem

Postby pgonza02 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:59 am

Hi guys,
New to the forum.
I'm trying to install my new AD2USB to connect to my Vera Lite home automation.
I have 2 keypads already on my system and when I called Monitronics (my alarm company) and eventually got to someone who had some idea of what I was talking about was really vague and told me she thought the existing keypads were probably on addresses 16 and 17.
I asked her if she could program a keypad with address 18 but was told no because "My new equipment was not compatible"
When I connect the AD2USB and power on the alarm I get a DO (or D0, can't tell which it is) code on the displays. Not entirely clear on what this means. I also don't get a green light on the AD2USB like it shows on the video.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
pgonza02
newt
newt

Re: Vista 20P Connection Problem

Postby mathewss » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:54 am

Lets step back a little. Before we get the panel programming going because its not necessary to have the panel programmed to see the alarm status and monitor the alarm. Programming is only needed to arm/disarm. Lets focus on why we cant see alarm messages first.

You say the green led is not flashing. This is where we need to start. Disconnect the DO/DI lines completly and only connect the ground and power lines as connected to other keypads and on the video. If the LED does not flash then the unit is dead or the wireing is a problem. A simple way to test the AD2* is to connect a 9v battery using a Radio Shack 9V battery clip directly to the AD2* and make sure it boots. If not then the AD2* is not happy and we can send you a replacement. If it does flash we can try the panel power and make sure it also flashes. Once that is done we can connect to a real computer using putty and make sure its responsive. And finally we can connect the DO/DI lines and make sure the panel does not fault.

A few simple steps to try please report back your status.

As for your monitoring company if it is a 20p then it is compatible also when you get to have the panel programmed tell them its a (INSERT KEYPAD MODEL #) keypad you are adding to your alarm. Telling them its a AD2* just confuses them as they dont know its just a keypad.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby pgonza02 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Seam,
Thanks for the quick response, I will start diagnosing as soon as I get home.
Quick question on the battery connection? I should do + to 12V and - to Ground?

Thanks.
pgonza02
newt
newt

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am

Yup, you're correct. Positive to + and ground to -.
Scott
Expert Nut
Expert Nut

Postby pgonza02 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi guys,
Just got home and tested the device. All good with the battery.
Nothing with the line from the alarm. Pulled out the old Voltmeter and noticed that was getting -13.61 V. Turns out that I had GND and 12V reversed.
Fixed the wiring and everything is good now.
Ran the application and it all works. Arm, disarm, etc.
Hooking up to my Vera Lite in a bit and will follow up with status.

Thanks for all the help.
pgonza02
newt
newt

Postby pgonza02 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Everything is working with the Vera Lite.

Thanks again for the help.
pgonza02
newt
newt

Postby hwve » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 am

I have the same problem. The AD2 works with the GUI, but not with the VeraLite. Can you help me with the setup?
Thanks.
hwve
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 am

Hello - if your device is working with our GUI the device is working properly. If you need specific help with the Vera itself, you will need to contact them - here is the support thread for their plugin: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=7266.0 - as we did not develop the plugin for that device we will have to refer you to them for help getting the device working in the Vera.

Thanks,
Kevin
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: [Solved] Vista 20P Connection Problem

Postby neatnetworks » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:45 am

Hi Guys, my name is Kirk new to the forum.

I bought the AD2USB and connected it to a Vista 20P also but my issue is the green light keeps flashing and wont go solid.

My panel is programed for the address 18, enabling keypad 3 using *191.

But its not going solid. I haven't connected it to a computer, but the setting says by default it comes ready for address 18. Please some assistance.

I am connecting to Vera Lite. Its seems as if the AD2USB maybe defective. I just received it last week.

Thank You,
Kirk
neatnetworks
newt
newt

Re: [Solved] Vista 20P Connection Problem

Postby mathewss » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:56 am

Hay welcome aboard :) Good news it is not supposed to go solid. If its flashing then that is a good thing. Not flashing for for than 30 seconds is a bad thing..

Get the AlarmDecoder Keypad App and start arming / disarming getting email alerts etc.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Return to General