Dying to find a dedicated app/code for AD2pi...

General Discussion

Dying to find a dedicated app/code for AD2pi...

Postby edp » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 pm

That would at the very least integrate with an ISY994i and set state variables or basic one way status packets. I had come across posts on other forums by Sean regarding exactly this project, but I can't find anything to implement. I'd love to so something as simple as tell the ISY994i controller that the system is armed or disarmed. Beyond that, then what zone is faulted. I don't need two way communication, but if that were the next thing I'd want would be a way to arm or disarm the system based on ISY program states, but that's the lowest priority of functionality I'm searching for.

An example would be, I arm the system, and my decoder sends/sets the state variable that the system is armed. From that I can program the ISY to do some action such as make sure all the doors are locked.
edp
newt
newt

Re: Dying to find a dedicated app/code for AD2pi...

Postby kevin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:12 am

Here is a forum thread where people have gotten our device working with the ISY99* http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... 99/#p61925

Other than that, if you want to donate an ISY99 we can look into adding official support.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Re: Dying to find a dedicated app/code for AD2pi...

Postby edp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:53 pm

Well, I came across a python API library for the ISY, and got it working. It was surprisingly easy once I got through the cross referencing of different forums, posts, and picking through the API. I have it now where near real time info, via the AD2pi can set either state or integer variables on the ISY, and from there I can write programs on the ISY to respond to the status of the Ademco/Honeywell security panel. Next I'll try and work on communication the other way, but I believe between the two API python libraries (alarmdecoder and PyISY), that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If anyone is interested I can post the details on getting it working. All this doesn't need anything more than the AD2pi, since the code can run on it 24/7 without any additional dedicated hardware/computers.

As an aside, I also have the same pi also performing DDNS services via AWS's CLI API, so that I can phone home on a domain of my own. Happy to share that too, but it does require that your domain records are managed on AWS via Route53.
edp
newt
newt

Return to General