Ademco 4110xmp compatibility

General Discussion

Ademco 4110xmp compatibility

Postby domg » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and trying to setup my newly purchased ad2usb with a vista 4110xm. I've been doing an exhausting amount of research only to find the last time it was mentioned was 2013 with hopes of adding some receiving functionality from the panel. I've got the AD connected to a vera edge controller and its not communicating any messages from the panel.

Have there been any code implementations in the past 3 years? I would also like to somehow make use of my wired motion detectors for triggers if that is possible.

Thanks in advance.
domg
newt
newt

Re: Ademco 4110xmp compatibility

Postby kevin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Every time we've asked for one of these panels for our lab to try to add support it has fallen apart, so we have not received one of these to even attempt adding support.

You should still theoretically be able to see something from the panel ... you do have the ad2usb configured for the correct address?

Our list of supported panels is in our FAQ here https://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index ... ted_Panels
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby domg » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:44 pm

I have it configured for kpa 31 (non-adressable) and am able to send they key press commands and control the keypad but other than the "sending....done" messages there is no reply. Even when an alarm is going off. Defeats the purpose of trying to notify me on my cell through the vera

I've been told this panel is very similar if not the same as a vista 10se.
domg
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Well I can tell you that it is not an officially supported panel. We've tried to get them in our lab a few times but haven't been successful.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby domg » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:03 pm

If I ship you one from ebay, what are the chances of you guys working on the code? Would you just need the board? they are only controlled with non-alpha keypads.
domg
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Its not a big priority right now mainly because we would have to create fake ALPHA messages and that may be a lot more lifting that we have resources for now for such a hard to find panel.

That being said It wont happen unless we git our hands on a panel :)

Most of the time when we find this old of a panel we are able to convince the owner that an upgrade to a 15p or 20p from ebay and just swap it out and reprogram the few sensors it had.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby mgreinke » Tue May 02, 2017 6:37 pm

I have one of these panels that I got locked out of because the prior homeowners were jerks in many ways such as not disclosing home issues like a leaking roof and pipes. They also gave us a code that never worked. I tried everything to reset the installer code but the company that installed it must have locked it out. I ended up simply buying another panel and have been trying to program it with the extreamly limited documentation of wiring and zones left behind. For example the zone assignments were written in pencil on the inside of the cabinet if you can imagine that. Most of it faded away years ago. Anyway Id be open to donating this panel to the cause if it would be any help. I live just around the corner from your shop so dropping it off would be no problem. Perhaps the thing could be unlocked with the right software?
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby kevin » Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 pm

We'd certainly be open to taking a look, thanks!
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mgreinke » Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Ok. I'll try and drop it off one of these days. I seem to be at the Lowes across the street quite often. :)
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Return to General