Trouble downloading Pi image

General Discussion

Trouble downloading Pi image

Postby terryhonn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:19 pm

For some reason, I can't seem to get the Pi image at http://www.alarmdecoder.com/downloads/p ... -04-29.zip to download. I've tried multiple PCs, browsers, etc. Something up with that file or the web server it's hosted from?

Thanks in advance,
terryhonn
newt
newt

Re: Trouble downloading Pi image

Postby kevin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi,

That link works for me from multiple browsers and PC's. Do you have logs of the traffic? Does it produce any errors?
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby terryhonn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:53 pm

I guess I should say that it looks to be downloading now, but at a much much slower speed than what it seems to me it should be. My first several attempts timed out, so I assumed it never actually started downloading. I went to a test site (thinkbroadbandcom) that has files of different sizes available to download to test speeds, and started a similarly sized 1GB file. Here's a screen clip of the Pi image file and the test file coming down simultaneously:
dl capture.PNG
dl capture.PNG (22.14 KiB) Viewed 16174 times

I'll let the current attempt continue to see if it finishes overnight.

Thanks for the response, Kevin!
terryhonn
newt
newt

Postby terryhonn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:55 pm

I guess I should say that it looks to be downloading now, but at a much much slower speed than what it seems to me it should be. My first several attempts timed out, so I assumed it never actually started downloading. I went to a test site (thinkbroadbandcom) that has files of different sizes available to download to test speeds, and started a similarly sized 1GB file. Here's a screen clip of the Pi image file and the test file coming down simultaneously:
dl capture.PNG
dl capture.PNG (22.14 KiB) Viewed 16174 times

I'll let the current attempt continue to see if it finishes overnight.

Thanks for the response, Kevin!
terryhonn
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes, I'm sure thinkbroadband has much faster upload speed than we have allocated to our server, sorry for the speed - we're working on other means of distribution.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby terryhonn » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:24 am

No worries, Kevin...I wasn't complaining, really, I just thought there might have been a problem with the file.

It's all good though, the download completed during the night and I can now rebuild and get my AD2PI back online.

Thanks again,
terryhonn
newt
newt

Postby R305 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:07 am

kevin wrote:Yes, I'm sure thinkbroadband has much faster upload speed than we have allocated to our server, sorry for the speed - we're working on other means of distribution.

I'm having the same, slow download pains.

Maybe you can put it up on Github? Just a thought.
R305
newt
newt

Postby David.B » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:04 am

I'm on google fiber, I'll seed the image if someone has a good public (legit) torrent server to host it on.

I already have it downloaded, so I can do this right away if someone has a recommendation.
David.B
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 am

When we release the new image (pending, holidays are slowing things up), we will release a new torrent to go with it.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby pedrosanchez » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:13 am

Hello Kevin,

I'm a proud new owner of a AD2Pi hat. I'm having similar download issues with the pre-made raspbian image from the website. Is there another source where I can find this image? A mirror, a public dropbox, or a torrent?

I'm attempting to fumble through the manual install but I am noob to the raspberry Pi and Linux.

Regards,
Pedro
pedrosanchez
newt
newt

Next

Return to General