XL2T compatability -and- what the AD2USB or PI looks for

General Discussion

XL2T compatability -and- what the AD2USB or PI looks for

Postby catch22tb » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Hello all,

The short questions is whether the AD2USB or AD2PI is compatible with the Honeywell / Ademco XL2T security system. I have the install manual and a bunch of technical info pdfs if you need more information on the XL2T.

The longer questions out of interest (and if the XL2T is not compatible) is what the AD2USB/PI is looking for from the keypad or panel in order to be compatible. What is needed for the AD2USB/PI to understand the keypad or panel?

Some brief additional info... My keypad is the XK7LC. My XL2T panel is set to transmit DTMF to the CS over the phone line and there are numerous transmission protocols that I can change and set. Does the AD2USB detect and decode DTMF and is this an avenue to pursue to interface with my security system?

Appreciating any thoughts and comments.
Last edited by catch22tb on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
catch22tb
newt
newt

Re: XL2T compatability -and- what the AD2USB or PI looks for

Postby kevin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:45 pm

catch22tb wrote:Hello all,

The short questions is whether the AD2USB or AD2PI is compatible with the Honeywell / Ademco XL2T security system. I have the install manual and a bunch of technical info pdfs if you need more information on the XL2T.

The longer questions out of interest (and if the XL2T is not compatible) is what the AD2USB/PI is looking for from the keypad or panel in order to be compatible. What is needed for the AD2USB/PI to understand the keypad or panel?

Some brief additional info... My keypad is the XK7LC. My XL2T panel is set to transmit DTMF to the CS over the phone line and there are numerous transmission protocols that I can change and set. Does the AD2USB detect and decode DTMF and is this an avenue to pursue to interface with my security system?

Appreciating and thoughts and comments.

We do not currently support the XL2T system. To possibly support the system we would need one donated to our lab.

A generic answer to that question is, it is looking at the keypad bus and decoding and emulating a keypad.

We do not do anything with regard to DTMF. You could use the AD2USB to integrate into some VOIP system that will transmit DTMF though, or perhaps write a python script using our provided library to transmit DTMF over SIP protocol.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby catch22tb » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:42 am

Thank you Kevin,

I might be able to get you (donate) a keypad ( the XK7LC ) that works with the system now. It sounds like that is what you might need to assess workability, correct? If so, I'd be happy to connect with you offline over email to work out the details of getting a keypad to you.

Best regards
catch22tb
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:44 am

We would need both a keypad and a panel for our purposes

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby catch22tb » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:50 pm

I might be able to manage that. I'd like a few more details on what exactly you need and how I can help in the process. Can you email me or can I IM you?

Best,
catch22tb
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:29 am

Please email ad2usb@support.nutech.com for further discussion. We need both the keypad and panel to decode the protocol.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby catch22tb » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:45 am

Thanks Kevin,

I'll reach out over the weekend with a deeper dive. I appreciate it.

Best regards
catch22tb
newt
newt

Postby pitrz » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:00 am

Hi there,

i wonder if you guys have made in progress on this? Is the XL2T compatible?

I have recently bought a place which has a XL2T installed. All seems to be working fine, and i don't really feel the need to upgrade anytime soon but i would definitely love to hook it all up with a raspberry pi for some automation.

Thanks!

P.
pitrz
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Have yet to receive the equipment in our lab.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby catch22tb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 am

Hello Kevin,

I'm just seeing this response chain now (from Oct 9 2016). I started the original question and sent a message back in September 2016 to see if there was still interest in me sending in a XL2T panel, but did not get a response

I'm still interested in sending you a panel if there is interest on your end. Can you send me a private email so we can work out the logistics on getting the panel to you if this is something you feel can be done.

Best regards,
catch22tb
newt
newt

Next

Return to General