Vista 15P "Check 100" with rapid beeping

General Discussion

Re: Vista 15P "Check 100" with rapid beeping

Postby mathewss » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Oh and for anyone with other Check XXX codes you can look at your 15/20p programming manual on page 2 for the TABLE OF DEVICE ADDRESSES it even shows what programming section would effect each device.

So for example if expander emulation was on and the panel had an expander at that address it my show a Check 107 error for the first expander.

Re
Sean M

http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v15pand20pprogrammingguide.pdf
mathewss

Postby deltanu1142 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 pm

mathewss wrote:Ok sorry for the delay on contributing on this subject. Check 100 error means the RF expander is not operating and the panel has a zone configured as RF so the panel is trying to talk to an RF expander.
You say you do not have a RF expander but your panel disagrees.
It may be inside of one of your keypads some keypads serve dual purpose as a keypad and a RF expander.
You can confirm this by looking on the back of each of them to find the model #'s also if you look inside they tend to have a LONGish metal wire from one side to the other that is the antenna.
So AFAIK having the AD2* on the bus or not will change your results if the panel has a 100 error.

It looks like you're right--I pulled off both keypads, and the downstairs keypad is a 6150RF with two antennas. So... what's the culprit? Failed keypad? All of my sensors are hardwired. I have no need for RF, that I know of. I haven't been able to enter programming mode by pressing * and #. The buttons beep when pressed, at least until the error occurs. Once my wife gets home, I'll see if I can get into programming mode by holding the * and # buttons while restoring power.
So, two questions... Can I just disable RF? And are the 112 and 113 error codes related, and will they go away if the RF error is cleared?
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 pm

deltanu1142 wrote:
mathewss wrote:Ok sorry for the delay on contributing on this subject. Check 100 error means the RF expander is not operating and the panel has a zone configured as RF so the panel is trying to talk to an RF expander.
You say you do not have a RF expander but your panel disagrees.
It may be inside of one of your keypads some keypads serve dual purpose as a keypad and a RF expander.
You can confirm this by looking on the back of each of them to find the model #'s also if you look inside they tend to have a LONGish metal wire from one side to the other that is the antenna.
So AFAIK having the AD2* on the bus or not will change your results if the panel has a 100 error.

It looks like you're right--I pulled off both keypads, and the downstairs keypad is a 6150RF with two antennas. So... what's the culprit? Failed keypad? All of my sensors are hardwired. I have no need for RF, that I know of. I haven't been able to enter programming mode by pressing * and #. The buttons beep when pressed, at least until the error occurs. Once my wife gets home, I'll see if I can get into programming mode by holding the * and # buttons while restoring power.
So, two questions... Can I just disable RF? And are the 112 and 113 error codes related, and will they go away if the RF error is cleared?

You will have to go into programming mode for the keypad http://www.manualslib.com/manual/595914 ... e=3#manual and disable the rf - it potentially might work, provided the keypad hasn't failed completely. This is why I had originally asked if you had RF keypads - I guess I was a little vague on what exactly those were. You would be looking at the Receiver Enable field or rE

Eliminate that problem and see if any other persist, check related programming in case something got defaulted somehow.
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby mathewss » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43 pm

112 and 113 is relay module #1 and #2 I seem to recall your config had 4 relay modules enabled but you have a 15P so it can not have relay 14 or 15 so you can disable the second two relay emulations if you want or leave it as it is it wont hurt anything.

You probably have the AD2* disconnected from the panel the it faulted with the 112 and 113 and the only way to clear that error is to enter/exit programming or power cycle the panel.

Re
Sean M
mathewss

Postby deltanu1142 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:51 pm

kevin wrote:You will have to go into programming mode for the keypad http://www.manualslib.com/manual/595914 ... e=3#manual and disable the rf - it potentially might work, provided the keypad hasn't failed completely. This is why I had originally asked if you had RF keypads - I guess I was a little vague on what exactly those were. You would be looking at the Receiver Enable field or rE
Eliminate that problem and see if any other persist, check related programming in case something got defaulted somehow.

I'm at a loss. When I enter the keypad programming mode, the display cycles between dE and -. Per the instructions:
The keypad beeps three (3) times, and two dashes and two zeroes flash alternately in the upper left-hand corner of the display. If any other numbers or letters flash in the display, press the[✻] key.

If I press the * key, the display goes blank. If I press 6, it cycles between d6 and 0. That, to me, indicates that RF is already disabled... which is what I'd expect. I press 0 and then *, and I get two confirmation beeps. As I'm doing this, the upstairs keypad is still erroring. After 90 seconds, both keypads are beeping.

I've already disconnected the AD2USB. I'll reconnect it and see what happens.
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Postby deltanu1142 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

I've restored power with the AD2USB reconnected. I've armed the system. Error-free. I can't explain this at all. These intermittent, inexplicable problems bother me. No one reprogrammed anything. I was gone.

Anyway... thanks Sean, Kevin, for walking me through this.
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Make sure no hardwired zones have the wrong InputType set
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby deltanu1142 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

OK, now, more fun... AD2USB isn't working. It reads system status, but I can't send any commands from the keypad emulator. I've also tried to send them through Vera. No response. The green light on the AD2USB module is blinking green. I've checked all connections.

The keypad emulator shows alarm status. If I set the alarm to AWAY from the physical keypad, the emulator shows it... but I can't disarm or set from the emulator. Which means I can't do anything from Vera, either.

FIXED... the AD2USB keypad address was somehow set to 00. I see that back in this post, it was also set to 00. What the hell... should I be looking into replacing this module? I really don't know what to attribute these problems to.
deltanu1142
newt
newt

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm

I would suspect maybe some garbage got down the serial port and perhaps changed the address, if it persists we can investigate, but I've seen it happen before - especially in cases where minicom was used where modem initialization strings are sent out... For the moment I'd suggest garbage data from somewhere.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Postby vasia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:16 am

vasia
newt
newt

Previous

Return to General