Smartthings integration project page?

General Discussion

Smartthings integration project page?

Postby ToXIc » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:39 am

Hi AlarmDecoder guys.. Ive been reading the other forum threads and seeing that they are quite old i was wondering if there is an official webpage or something we can keep looking at for updates on your continued efforts to integrate into Smartthings?

I used to follow the GitHub page but all that have changed right? That process isnt supported anymore? I believe you all are working on a supported smartapp.. how exactly do i find it?

I finally deleted and cleaned up the failed migration from the classic app and would like to get my automations back online after being broken for months and would like to get everything back to normal. Thanks for your work on this project.
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: Smartthings integration project page?

Postby ToXIc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:23 am

is the github repo been updated to work with the new smartthings app?
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 pm

This is on the IoT and C++ API github page and runs on most any ESP32 board but specifically was designed for this ESP32 board.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/AlarmDecoder-STSDK

It has not passed through Samsung approval so you have to follow the README and get a developer account and join the NuTech developer group on the developer site. AFAIK this imposes no limitations but it is possible only a few developer mode devices are allowed on one system.

I have a few units ready to ship programmed with the current firmware release.
http://www.alarmdecoder.com/catalog/pro ... i5a8854og2

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby ToXIc » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 am

@mathewss so the AD2Pi network appliance isnt compatible anymore with the new smartthings? or is it just not being supported by you all?
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:16 am

Currently the pi webapp does not support ST since they no longer support the ST hub and turned off the old API. The new API and ESP32 will work with an existing AD2pi over ser2sock or you can move the AD2pHAT board and connect it directly to an ESP32 board. The new app must have developer mode enabled as the only way they will allow devices on the new platform is if the keys they use are protected so for now I have to issue keys.

I will do what I can to help people migrate if they have an existing appliance. The new IoT is just an adapter that connects an ESP32 board to an AD2pHAT board.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby ToXIc » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am

gotcha..
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 am

ToXIc wrote:gotcha..

Several people are currently testing using a $8 ESP32 board from Amazon or other sites so again if you want to use it right away and have an existing network appliance you can just keep the webapp running and the ESP32 board will connect to it for AlarmDecoder signals. Its not as clean as a full IoT device I am working on but it works and I need more people helping test and give feedback. If anyone is wanting to help I am also still looking for a few people to help me test the Carrier IoT boards I am working on. I have a few of the V1 boards shipping on the store and a few held in reserve for testers. Next batch will be the same some will go for testing and be available on the store. I also plan on just selling the carrier and no AD2pHAT option on the store so users can move the AD2Pi or AD2pHat from the Pi to the ESP32 carrier.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby ToXIc » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:05 pm

im googling my butt off trying to break that down to layman terms lol..
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:48 pm

No problem.

This board will work. I can help you flash it with the latest firmware when you have it. You just need a USB cable and connect to your computer and it will show up as a COM?? port.

https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-ESP-WROO ... B0718T232Z

With some simple configuration it will show up on your new ST app and you can adopt it. Once adopted you will have ARM, DISARM, PANIC buttons and more.

On the readme.md just signup under my account with Samsung and I will send you the keys to program to your ESP32.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/AlarmDecoder-STSDK

----------------------------- Snip from README.MD
SmartThings app integration

A few options are available as the AD2IoT device moves toward being certified and directly available in the SmartThings app. In order to Discover and adopt the AD2IoT device it needs to be visible in the "My Testing Devices" under the "Adding device" panel.

First you will need to enable Developer Mode in the app

Next decide if you want to build your own profile and layout or join the existing AlarmDecoder profile for how this device will be shown in the SmartThings app.

Join the AlarmDecoder organization where the profiles are already working and in current development. Enroll in the AlarmDecoder organization using the Manufacturer ID '''0AOf''' https://smartthings.developer.samsung.c ... ner/enroll

Use the SmartThings/Samsung developer workspace to create custom profiles and onboarding as described in this howto guide How to build Direct Connected devices with the SmartThings Platform
----------------------------------

I am available most days for calls etc if anyone needs help. Just have to get my attention :) I am usually deep in something interesting.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby ToXIc » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:07 pm

thanks sir.. i'll go throw this ^
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Next

Return to General