Installer Code shows Busy/Standby on webapp AD2USB

General Discussion

Postby Phil_kuj » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 pm

Hi Folks,

I have an AD2USB hooked up to Raspberry 3B+. I have a Vista 20P with 2 partitions, partition 1 is for the entire home and partition 2 is for the basement apartment. For the most part I don't need to receive ALL messages from partition 2 but I would still like to receive messages if partition 2 has armed/disarmed the alarm. I currently have the address mask set to FFFFFFFF. The problem with setting the address mask to receive all messages is that I'm unable to put the virtual keypad (web app) into programming mode without getting the Busy/Standby error.

I have 2 full english keypads, each one is set to a separate partition. The AD2USB is set to partition 1 on the Vista 20P via address 18.

Question 1. Is there a fix to effectively handle multiple partitions and entering programming mode?
Question 2. If I set the address mask to 00000200 will I still be able to get arm/disarm messages from partition 2?
Phil_kuj
newt
newt

Re: Installer Code shows Busy/Standby on webapp AD2USB

Postby Phil_kuj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Bumping this post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil_kuj
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Bump noted.. Brb.
mathewss

Postby mathewss » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Phil_kuj wrote:Hi Folks,

I have an AD2USB hooked up to Raspberry 3B+. I have a Vista 20P with 2 partitions, partition 1 is for the entire home and partition 2 is for the basement apartment. For the most part I don't need to receive ALL messages from partition 2 but I would still like to receive messages if partition 2 has armed/disarmed the alarm. I currently have the address mask set to FFFFFFFF. The problem with setting the address mask to receive all messages is that I'm unable to put the virtual keypad (web app) into programming mode without getting the Busy/Standby error.

I have 2 full english keypads, each one is set to a separate partition. The AD2USB is set to partition 1 on the Vista 20P via address 18.

Question 1. Is there a fix to effectively handle multiple partitions and entering programming mode?
Question 2. If I set the address mask to 00000200 will I still be able to get arm/disarm messages from partition 2?

The Webapp does not understand multiple partitions. You would have to run another instances of the webapp and have it also connect to the panel using another AD2* or over ser2sock to the other Pi. It may even be possible to run multiple instances using Docker. I currently run mine on a Rock64 using Docker. It has plenty of resources free so it could probably do another but likely it would be some heaving digging as each instances must have a separate IP address or maybe different ports could be used.

That does not say we can't capture events from both partitions with just one device you just have to use Contact ID reports where the partition data is included in the message. You could also run the GUI app and have it be a keypad to the second partition if you needed. This all boils down to how you want to use the data. What notification system etc.

So short answer only one partition per instances long answer you can capture and report on partition specific events.

Are you are looking for just reporting and over what system, or do just want two virtual keypads, or both?

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby Phil_kuj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi Matt,

Ideally I’d like to have this working using one keypad and one instance. The biggest problem I’m facing is that if I have 2 keypad masks enabled one for partition 1 and the second for partition 2 I get arm/disarm notifications sent to my phone indefinitely as it switches between the partitions (PushOver notifications set in the webapp).

Is there no way to handle the notifications from the second partition without getting endless arm/disarm notifications when either one partition is armed? I thought there was a post about using LRR setting for one partition to allow this, how would that work?

Or perhaps having the ability to set notifications for particular address masks?

Thanks for the support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil_kuj
newt
newt

Return to General