AP2PI new SmartThings app

General Discussion

AP2PI new SmartThings app

Postby ratty » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:34 am

Has anyone been able to get theirs working with SmartThings again? Used to work flawlessly, but since the changes on SmartThings side along with the switch to UPNP and other changes along the way everything completely broken for me.

Have updated everything available to update and tried removing and restarting from scratch. Every time it seems the ap2pi and shows as connected. But no longer able to get statuses or perform controls or see any histories on any of the zones.

Haven't found anywhere to see where this might be failing and how. So if anybody has this working, care to share some pointers?
ratty
newt
newt

Re: AP2PI new SmartThings app

Postby hudoh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm

I know Sean - @mathewss - was working on getting it working with the new app and I think he was close. I was trying to help him test, but that was about a month ago. What I found in the meantime is that I'm really not happy with SmartThings overall after the change and force to the new app. I had a lot of great things going in the Classic app. I've switched to HomeAssistant which also has AlarmDecoder integration and so far I like it. I'll still help test AlarmDecoder on SmartThings when there is something to test, but for now, I'm super happy with Home Assistant.
hudoh
newt
newt

Postby andresr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 pm

I'm also having problems with the new app. No sensors seem to be actually recording any events. Is there any updates on getting this working with the new app?
andresr
newt
newt

Postby ToXIc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:21 am

anyone got this working?
ToXIc
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:32 pm

This is on the IoT and C++ API github page and runs on most any ESP32 board but specifically was designed for this ESP32 board.
https://github.com/nutechsoftware/AlarmDecoder-STSDK

It has not passed through Samsung approval so you have to follow the README and get a developer account and join the NuTech developer group on the developer site. AFAIK this imposes no limitations but it is possible only a few developer mode devices are allowed on one system.

I have a few units ready to ship programmed with the current firmware release.
http://www.alarmdecoder.com/catalog/pro ... i5a8854og2

Best
SM
mathewss

Return to General