Smartthings app install can't find primary device

General Discussion

Smartthings app install can't find primary device

Postby grayzweb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Newbie here, Got the Network appliance and trying to integrate with Smartthings. I'm following step by step instructions from GitHub and keep getting stuck on the final install step.

"Install SmartApp (via github integration)

Click on My SmartApps
Click Update From Repo (top of page)
Check box for alarmdecoder service
Check Publish (bottom of dialog)
Click Execute Update
Adjust @Field settings as needed at the top of the AlarmDecoder service code and as well as any other noted changes needed for Hubitat or SmartThings in the header and Publish if changes are made.
Select the alarmdecoder: AlarmDecoder service smart app and then select your location on the right and press Set Location. (Click the Simulator if you don't see these options)
Click the Discover button. You may have to hit refresh to get your device to show up. If it doesn't show up make sure you're running an up-to-date version of the webapp and that it is on the same netowrk as your SmartThings HUB.
Click Select Devices and select your AlarmDecoder.

Click Install
Notes
This will generate new devices under My Devices"

I set the location to "Home" (my only one). I do not see a Discover button on the page, but there is an Install button. Under preferences, it lists devices (0).

I'm on the same wifi network as the Smartthings hub. I have the WebApp keypad for AlarmDecoder running in different tab.

Been searching for answer before posting, but still stuck. Any help appreciated
grayzweb
newt
newt

Re: Smartthings app install can't find primary device

Postby mathewss » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm

If during setup it does not find the AD2PI then something is off on the network. The UPNP messages used will only work on the same network but will work across all of that work. If the ST hub sends out a request to find the AD2PI and you get no replies then something is very off.

To confirm is the PI and the ST hub on the same network and have similar IP addresses?

You said you were able to use the WEB APP so I have to presume that the PI is functioning normally. Still would be good to confirm you can ARM/DISARM but that would not have any effect on the ability for the ST hub to detect and find the AD2PI system.

Best
SM
mathewss

Re: Smartthings app install can't find primary device

Postby grayzweb » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:01 am

mathewss wrote:If during setup it does not find the AD2PI then something is off on the network. The UPNP messages used will only work on the same network but will work across all of that work. If the ST hub sends out a request to find the AD2PI and you get no replies then something is very off.

To confirm is the PI and the ST hub on the same network and have similar IP addresses?

You said you were able to use the WEB APP so I have to presume that the PI is functioning normally. Still would be good to confirm you can ARM/DISARM but that would not have any effect on the ability for the ST hub to detect and find the AD2PI system.

Best
SM

Thanks, I am all on same network. AD2PI functions correctly within web app. I had the AD2PI plugged into ethernet on a wifi extender, but now have it plugged into a Netgear Orbi mesh satellite that acts as a AP because I thought maybe that was problem.

Problem could possibly be on ST side as I've read that the latest update to the ST hub has caused some problems.
grayzweb
newt
newt

Return to General